MoCo Spotlight: Shop Local– An Incubator of Woman Entrepreneurs in Rockville Town Square
In celebration of Women’s History Month (March), we honor women’s contributions to history, culture, society and business by putting a spotlight on Shop Local– an incubator of women entrepreneurs located at Rockville Town Square in Rockville (36-D Maryland Ave).
The number of women-owned businesses worldwide continues to rise and locally, 41.9 percent of businesses in the DMV area are women-owned.
Sponsored by the Maryland Women Business Center, Shop Local hosts startups at zero cost and provides resources and services to help these women grow their businesses.
Shop Local has launched numerous successful small businesses across the region. Many have wonderful stories to share.
Its current set of entrepreneurs include:
• Mel Handcraft – Owned by Martha Vergara, Mel Handcraft creates wearable art for women who share their love of nature, sustainability and are the designers of their own lives.
• Chocolisious – Owned by Silvia Oriani, Chocolisious makes and sells handmade chocolates filled with Brazilian flavors.
• Nature by Trejok – Kenia Garcia sells vintage handmade pieces such as facemasks, home decor, tabletop and kitchen supplies, shoes, bags and skin care products.
• Lamimboutique – Mara Bonilla created a one stop shop for handmade toys, gifts and accessories.
• Violet Red Studio – Violet Barcenas makes colorful art prints and greeting cards.
You can follow Shop Local on Instagram, here.
Please feel free to comment with a wonderful woman-owned business that you enjoy here in Montgomery County.