Per Montgomery County:
For Immediate Release: Thursday, February 10, 2022
The Montgomery County Government will observe the following schedule changes for Presidents Day on Monday, Feb. 21:
- County offices—Closed.
- State offices and courts—Closed.
- State Motor Vehicle Administration offices and Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program stations—Closed.
- COVID-19 test kit and mask distributions at libraries—No distributions on Feb. 21.
- Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS)—Stores open noon-6 p.m.
- Ride On—Will operate on new schedules that went into effect on Jan. 16. Those schedules can be viewed at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/DOT-Transit/january-16-2022-schedules.html.
- Ride On extRa and Flex—Not in service.
- Flash—Will operate on a weekend schedule (Orange Line only).
- MARC Train and Commuter Bus—Information available at https://www.mta.maryland.gov/marc-train-presidents-day.
- TRiPS Silver Spring commuter store—Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store—Closed.
- Metrobus—Will operate on a Saturday supplemental schedule.
- Metrorail—Will run regularly scheduled weekday service.
- MetroAccess customers—Can make a reservation to travel on the holiday, but subscription trips will be canceled.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters—Free.
- County-collected trash and recycling—No collections will be made on Feb. 21. Collections will slide one day each week from the regular schedules. More information is available at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/sws/holidays/.
- Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station will be open for trash and recycling drop-offs. The Recycling Center will be closed. No tours will be scheduled.
- Recreation—Aquatics facilities will be open and all aquatics programs will meet as scheduled. All senior centers and community recreation centers will be closed. All other classes and programs will not be held.
- Montgomery Parks—Visit MontgomeryParks.org for complete information. The following facilities will be closed:
- Montgomery Parks headquarters and permits office.
- Brookside Gardens Visitor Center and Conservatory (Gardens remain open sunrise to sunset).
- Black Hill Visitor Center and Nature Programs (Closed to visitors unless they are participating in a scheduled program).
- Brookside Nature Center.
- Locust Grove Nature Center.
- Meadowside Nature Center.