Per Montgomery County:
For Immediate Release: Friday, November 4, 2022
The County Council will hold public hearings to receive testimony on new items introduced to the Council as follows:
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
Deadline to sign up to speak is Nov. 14 at 5 p.m.
- Supplemental Appropriation #23-22 to the County Government’s FY23 Operating Budget, Department of Health and Human Services – $3,551,720 for American Rescue Plan Act Older Americans Act Title III Grant (Source of Funds: State Grant); and Amendment to the County Government’s FY23 Resolution 19-1285, Section G, Designation of Entities for Non-Competitive Contract Award Status: Jewish Council for the Aging of Greater Washington, Inc., Access Hears, Inc., Arts For the Aging, Inc., Home Care Partners, Inc., Housing Initiative Partnership, Inc. and The Senior Connect of Montgomery County, Inc.
- Special Appropriation #23-19 to the County Government’s FY23 Operating Budget, Department of Health and Human Services – $853,699 for the Youth Harm Reduction Initiative (Source of Funds: General Fund: Undesignated Reserves).
- Special Appropriation #23-17 to the County Government’s FY23 Operating Budget, Department of Health and Human Services – $1,593,442 for Newcomers Enhancements and Assistance (Source of Funds: General Fund: Undesignated Reserves).
- Supplemental Appropriation #23-25 to the County Government’s FY23 Operating Budget, Montgomery County Public Schools – $2,671,890 for Supply Chain Assistance (SAC) Fund (Source of Funds: State Grant).
Nov. 29, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
Deadline to sign up to speak is Nov. 28 at 5 p.m.
- Expedited Bill 29-22, Local Laws – Updates to Required Numbers of Councilmember Votes, would update provisions of County law to reflect the required numbers of votes due to the expansion of the County Council from 9 to 11 members.
- Expedited Bill 30-22, Buildings – Demolition or Removal, would redefine the term demolish and generally amend the law regarding buildings and building permits.
- Expedited Bill 31-22, Finance – Economic Development Fund – Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Matching Grant Program, would alter the administration and eligibility requirements of the Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Matching Grant Program and generally amend the law regarding the Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Matching Grant Program and the Economic Development Fund.
- NEW DATE: Supplemental Appropriation #23-21 to the County Government’s FY23 Capital Budget and Amendment to the FY23-28 Capital Improvements Program (CIP), Department of Correction and Rehabilitation – $500,000 for Montgomery County Correctional Facility Sewer (Source of Funds: GO Bonds).
A full list of upcoming public hearings is available at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council/calendar.html.
Additional documents are available at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council.
Residents have the opportunity to testify remotely for public hearings or provide in-person testimony at the Council Office Building in Rockville.
Residents can register to speak in person or virtually at a public hearing, provide written testimony, prerecorded audio or video testimony using the online form at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/COUNCIL/PHSignUp.html; or sent by mail to County Council, 100 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD 20850; or residents may sign up to testify remotely by phone (call 240-777-7803 for information). To express an opinion call 240-777-7900.
The Council is recommending that residents, who choose to attend in-person Council meetings, get fully vaccinated to protect themselves and others against Covid-19. If this is not possible, virtual participation is encouraged.
Residents who would like to call in or testify at a Council public hearing need to preregister on the Council’s web page at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council/calendar.html. Once the public hearing sign up request form is submitted and the public hearing list is created, individuals will receive separate confirmation notifications that include the appropriate link to use or phone number to call for the public hearing.
Comments and suggestions are welcome online at http://tinyurl.com/zrbwh5v or by sending regular mail to County Council, 100 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD 20850. For information or to express an opinion call 240-777-7900. Councilmembers continue to hold meetings in their offices by appointment.
The meeting will be televised live by County Cable Montgomery (CCM) on Xfinity channels 6 and 996, RCN channels 6 and 1056; and FiOS channel 30. Also available live via streaming through the Council website at http://tinyurl.com/z9982v8, Facebook Live (@MontgomeryCountyMdCouncil or @ConcejodelCondadodeMontgomery), or YouTube (@MoCoCouncilMD).
The Council meeting schedule may change from time to time. The current Council and Committee agendas, Council staff reports and additional information on items scheduled for Council review can be viewed at: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/COUNCIL/ondemand/index.html.
Release ID: 22-381
Media Contact: Sara Tenenbaum