Per Montgomery County:
For Immediate Release: Tuesday, December 28, 2021
The Montgomery County Government will observe the following schedule changes for New Year’s Eve, Friday, Dec. 31, and New Year’s Day, Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022. The County is generally observing the holiday on Dec. 31:
- County offices – Closed Dec. 31.
- State offices and courts – Closed Dec. 31.
- Libraries – Closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
- Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS)—Stores open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Dec. 31. Closed on Jan. 1.
- Ride On— Will operate on a Sunday schedule on Dec. 31. Will operate on a Saturday schedule on Jan. 1.
- Ride On extRa and Flex—Not in service.
- Flash— Will operate on a weekend schedule (Orange Line only) on Dec. 31. Will operate on a weekend schedule (Orange Line only) on Jan. 1.
- MARC Train and Commuter Bus – Information available at https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule?type=marc-train/
- TRiPS Silver Spring commuter store—Closed Dec. 31.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store—Closed Dec. 31.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters – Free.
- County-collected trash and recycling—No change in collection schedules.
- Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Stationand the Recycling Center–Friday, Dec. 31 open. Saturday, Jan. 1: closed.
- Recreation—On Dec. 31, aquatic facilities will close at 3 p.m. and community recreation centers, senior centers and administrative offices will be closed. All facilities closed on Saturday, Jan. 1.
Montgomery Parks—Visit www.MontgomeryParks.org for complete information. The following are the schedules for most facilities, programs and parks:
Open Parkways initiative will be extended during the upcoming holiday week:
- Open to pedestrians and cyclists from 9 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 30, through 4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 2: Sligo Creek Parkway: Old Carroll Avenue to Piney Branch Road (1.1 miles) . Forest Glen Road to University Boulevard West (1.5 miles) / Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Knowles Avenue (2.9 miles).
- Open to pedestrians and cyclists from 7 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 30, through 4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 2: Little Falls Parkway from River Road to Arlington Road (1 mile).
Brookside Gardens Garden of Lights: Open through Jan. 2. 5:30-8:30 p.m. Advance timed-entry tickets required, available for purchase here.
- Meadowside Nature Center—closed for renovation work.
- Brookside Nature Center—closed for renovation work.
- Locust Grove Nature Center – closed Dec. 24–Jan. 1.
- Black Hill Visitor Center—closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
Friday, Dec. 31
- Montgomery Parks’ Headquarters, Customer Service and Permit Offices (Closed).
- Closing at 3 p.m.: Cabin John Ice Rink, Wheaton Ice Arena, Pauline Bentz Addie TennisCenter, Wheaton Indoor Tennis, Wheaton Sports Pavilion and South Germantown Driving Range.
Saturday, Jan. 1
- Montgomery Parks’ Headquarters, Customer Service, and Permit Offices (Closed).
- South Germantown Driving Range (Closed).
- Opening at noon: Cabin John Ice Rink, Wheaton Ice Arena, Pauline Bentz AddieTennis Center.
# # #