Per Montgomery County:
For Immediate Release: Wednesday, February 16, 2022
The Montgomery County Government will observe the following schedule changes for Presidents Day on Monday, Feb. 21:
- County offices—Closed.
- State offices and courts—Closed.
- State Motor Vehicle Administration offices and Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program stations—Closed.
- COVID-19 test kit and mask distributions at libraries—No distributions on Feb. 21.
- Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS)—Stores open noon-6 p.m.
- Ride On—Will operate on new schedules that went into effect on Jan. 16. Those schedules can be viewed at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/DOT-Transit/january-16-2022-schedules.html.
- Ride On extRa and Flex—Not in service.
- Flash—Will operate on a weekend schedule (Orange Line only).
- MARC Train and Commuter Bus—Information available at https://www.mta.maryland.gov/marc-train-presidents-day.
- TRiPS Silver Spring commuter store—Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store—Closed.
- Metrobus—Will operate on a Saturday supplemental schedule.
- Metrorail—Will run regularly scheduled weekday service.
- MetroAccess customers—Can make a reservation to travel on the holiday, but subscription trips will be canceled.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters—Free.
- County-collected trash and recycling—No collections will be made on Feb. 21. Collections will slide one day each week from the regular schedules. More information is available at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/sws/holidays/.
- Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Stationwill be open for trash and recycling drop-offs. The Recycling Center will be closed. No tours will be scheduled.
- Recreation—Aquatics facilities will be open and all aquatics programs will meet as scheduled. All senior centers and community recreation centers will be closed. All other classes and programs will not be held.
Montgomery Parks—Visit www.MontgomeryParks.org for complete information.
The Open Parkways Initiative will be extended during the holiday weekend. More information is available at Open Parkways initiative.
Open Parkways Schedule
Portions of Sligo Creek Parkway and Beach Drive will be open to pedestrians and bicyclists for exercise and recreation atarting at 9 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 18, and continuing through 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 22.
– Sligo Creek Parkway: Old Carroll Avenue to Piney Branch Road (1.1 miles).
– Forest Glen Road to University Boulevard West (1.5 miles).
– Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Knowles Avenue (2.7 miles) .
Open to pedestrians and cyclists from 7 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 19, through 7 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 22. Little Falls Parkway from River Road to Arlington Road (1 mile).
The following facilities will be open, including on Monday, Feb. 21:
- Parks, trails, gardens, playgrounds, dog parks, skate parks, outdoor tennis/pickleball courts.
- Wheaton Indoor Tennis and Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Center will be following normal operating hours.
- Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Arena will be following normal operating hours.
- Little Bennett campground.
- Inline skate parks at Dewey Local Park and Ridge Road Recreational Park Can be reserved by permit.
- Outdoor campfire ring rentals are available at several locations.
The following facilities will be closed on Monday, Feb. 21:
- Montgomery Parks’ headquarters, customer service and permit offices.
- Black Hill Visitor Center—The Visitor Center building is open 11 a.m.- 5 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Outdoor park areas and trails are open from dawn to dusk daily.
- Brookside Gardens—Visitor center and conservatory closed on Monday. Gardens open from dawn to dusk daily.
- Brookside Nature Center—Temporarily closed to walk-in visitors for renovations. However, programs will continue throughout the renovation process. Outdoor park areas and trails are open from dawn to dusk daily.
- Maydale Nature Classroom—Open when programs and events are scheduled. Outdoor park areas and trails are open from dawn to dusk daily.
- Meadowside Nature Center—Temporarily closed to walk-in visitors for renovations. Outdoor park areas and trails are open from dawn to dusk daily.
- Locust Grove Nature Center—The nature center building and the nature exploration area is open 1-5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. Outdoor park areas and trails are open from dawn to dusk daily.