Per MCDOT: Below are the transportation-related schedule changes for the New Year’s holiday weekend, Saturday, Dec. 31, through Monday, Jan. 2:
- MCDOT offices – Will be closed.
- Ride On bus service – Will operate on a Saturday schedule on Dec. 31 and a Sunday schedule on Jan. 1 and 2. View schedules here.
- Flash rapid bus service – Will operate on a Weekend schedule (Orange line only). The Blue line (typically weekday only) will not be in service.
- Ride On extRa and Flex bus service – Not in service.
- TRiPS Commuter Store at Silver Spring Transit Center – Will be closed.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store – Will be closed.
- Parking at Bethesda, Silver Spring and Wheaton public garages, lots and curbside meters – Parking is free on Jan. 1.
- Metrorail – Will operate on a Saturday schedule on Dec. 31 until 2 a.m. and all trips will be free for riders after 8 p.m. Will operate on a Sunday schedule from 7 a.m. to midnight on Jan. 1 and 2.
- Metrobus – Will operate on a Saturday schedule extended until 2 a.m. on Dec. 31 and all trips will be free for riders after 8 pm. Will operate on a Sunday schedule on Jan. 1 and 2.
- MARC Train – See schedule changes here.
- MTA Commuter bus – See schedules at mta.maryland.gov/service-alerts/13224.
View additional County holiday schedules here.
# # #