Per Montgomery County:
Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) will offer online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs throughout September. All workshops are free.
The schedule of workshops and one-on-one sessions:
- Throughout September – Every Monday. 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions – Virtual.* Meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register at
- Monday, Sept. 19: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7129022
- Monday, Sept. 26: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7129027
- Throughout September – Every Monday. 2-4 p.m. Job and Resume Help Program – In-person.
- Get help with your resume or job search. Staff at the Brigadier General Charles E. McGee Library in Silver Spring will point you to relevant resources.
- Monday, Sept. 19: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7119175
- Monday, Sept. 26: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7119176
- Tuesday, Sept. 20: 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship (English) – Virtual.* Maryland Women’s Business Center. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7129498.
- Tuesday/Thursday, Sept. 20 and 22. 5:30-8 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp (Part I / Part II) – Virtual.* This popular two-session/two-day workshop focuses on both the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7050260.
- Wednesday, Sept. 21: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government – Virtual.* Learn about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6811608.
- Monday, Sept. 27: 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic) – Virtual.*
- Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market.
- Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7140581.
- Tuesday, Sept. 28: 1-3 p.m. How to Prepare for your Virtual Job Interview – Virtual.*
- Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7140739
* An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
For more information about programs, contact Adrienne van Lare at email@example.com.