Montgomery County Offering Free Rabies Vaccinations
Montgomery County Animal Services will be offering free rabies clinics every Wednesday from 1-5PM at their shelter located at 7315 Muncaster Mill Road in Derwood. These services are by appointment only. Full details from montgomerycountymd.gov below:
The Office of Animal Services is now offering Free Rabies Clinics by appointment only, every Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m beginning January 20, 2021. Prior to scheduling an appointment, please review the procedures and restrictions outlined on this page.
Appointments may be scheduled up to three weeks in advance.
For more information on the importance of keeping your pet up to date on their rabies vaccine, and to learn more about Montgomery County Pet Licensing and relevant laws, please visit our Office of Animal Services Pet Licensing homepage.
- A Customer Service Representative will contact you to confirm the details of your appointment the week prior to the clinic. Failure to reply with requested documentation within 48 hours of customer service contact will result in the cancellation of your appointment.
- Upon arrival at the clinic, owners should pull up to the marked space and remain in their vehicle.
- Owners should place a piece of paper with their appointment time on the dashboard of their vehicle.
- Staff members wearing appropriate PPE will confirm owner and animal information.
- Owner will hand the leash to the staff member or place the cat carrier on the sidewalk.
- Staff will bring the animal(s) inside the building and will return them to the vehicle after the vaccine has been administered.
- Each participant will receive a “Pet Licensing Regulations and Procedures” brochure and receive a document explaining the 30-day grace period for licensing their pet(s).
Rules and Restrictions
- Must be a Montgomery County resident to participate.
- Participants attending the rabies clinics will not be permitted to enter the building with their animals. Participants must remain in their vehicles unless otherwise instructed by OAS staff.
- It is required that visitors wear a mask or cloth face covering that covers both nose and mouth.
- OAS will not be offering services for animals that require a muzzle or need owners present to safely vaccinate.
- OAS will not be offering microchipping services.
- All dogs must be on a non-retractable leash, no longer than 6 feet in length.
- Each cat must be in a separate carrier.
- Because appointment times are only 7 minutes in length, failure to arrive promptly may result in forfeiture of the appointment.