Per Montgomery County:
For Immediate Release: Tuesday, August 30, 2022z
The Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) will adjust 24 Ride On bus route schedules starting Sunday, Sept. 11, to improve efficiency. Although service levels are staying relatively the same, the changes reflect a shift in resources to allow for more reliable service. The new schedules will be available at rideonbus.com and in print.
“Ridership data and on-time performance are monitored regularly, and this service change focuses on raising reliability,” said MCDOT Director Chris Conklin. “Overall, service levels will remain within one percent of where we were. Most of our over 80 routes will not experience changes.”
Route changes include:
- 21 routes have time changes: 4, 5, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 26, 34, 37, 38, 43, 46, 48, 55, 59, 61, 63, 79, 83, and 100.
- Three routes have slight route changes with no bus stop or time changes: 27, 45, 90.
- 11 routes have decreased frequency due to ridership, and seven routes have increased frequency due to ridership.
- 13 routes have time changes, but no changes in frequency.
- Two routes have timing changes for accuracy and frequency: 63, 83.
- Three routes have a change in hours of operation: 4, 59, 79.
Riders can get trip planning information by downloading the free Ride On Real Time app on their mobile phone or by visiting the website here.
Riders using Montgomery County’s Ride On buses are encouraged to wear a mask. However, they are no longer required to wear them. Masks are available on all buses for riders who need them.
Fare collection resumed on all Montgomery County buses on Aug. 1. The one-way pre-pandemic fare, which was $2 per ride, is now $1. Monthly passes, which were $45 per rider, are now $22.50.
Bus interiors will continue to be cleaned by the County’s Department of General Services with hospital-grade disinfectant. Bus filter and ventilation systems are also treated with a disinfectant.
For the most up-to-date service information, riders should follow @RideOnMCT on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram. In addition, information is available at RideOnBus.com, by subscribing to receive email alerts at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/govdelivery, or texting MONTGOMERY RIDEON to 468311 to receive text alerts.
# # #