Get ready to party at the mall like it’s 1999! As part of its upcoming BlossomFest, Westfield Montgomery will be hosting a special Y2K Pink Party on Saturday, April 1st at 1pm. The free concert will be hosted by NSYNC’s Chris Kirkpatrick and 98 Degrees’ Jeff Timmons and will feature performances by Y2K-era pop heroes LFO and O-Town, who’ll perform live in the Nordstrom wing. The MoCoShow will team up that day with Lone Oak Brewery to host a special pop-up biergarten in the Blossom Lounge from 11am-8pm. Reserve your spot here. Full details below from Westfield Montgomery:
Play among the cherry blossoms, snap photos in an Insta-worthy Blossom Lounge, take in new spring-inspired public art activations and celebrate Washington’s iconic flower, all without stepping foot on the Tidal Basin this month at Westfield Montgomery Mall. BlossomFest, an official participating event of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, will feature activations and events slated through April, including new artwork from artists Nicole Bourgea, Maggie O’Neill and Cris Logan, a stunning blossom and lantern installation brightening up Nordstrom corridor, and more, culminating in a live nostalgic concert that’ll have guests reminiscing about the dawn of the millennium with NSYNC’s Chris Kirkpatrick and 98 Degrees’ Jeff Timmons, LFO and O-Town. Here’s what’s on tap in March and April at the region’s premier retail destination:
● Blossom + lantern installation. Edge Flowers, a Montgomery-based floral event designer, has adorned the corridors of the Nordstrom wing with flowery displays perfect for a family photo-op.
● The Blossom Lounge. Sprays of soft, fluffy pink flowers designed by the region’s premier creative props firm Brightly Ever After, along with white leather seating, turn a quiet corner of the mall into a chic place to rest your feet. Settle in for free, live jazz music every Friday from March 17 to April 14 from 5-7:30pm. Treats by Adonni’s Desserts will be available for purchase.
On April 1 from 11am-8pm, the Blossom Lounge hosts a special pop-up biergarten with Maryland’s own Lone Oak Farm Brewing and the popular local news and entertainment outlet the MoCo Show. Lone Oak will serve its gold medal-winning Sandbar Tropical Hazy IPA; its new MoCo Lite Lager in collaboration with the MoCo Show; and its oh-so-popular Rosé Hard Seltzer, along with the brewery’s signature charcuterie bags and bites.
● Keep Blooming Playhouse. The little ones will get a thrill playing the day away under the mall’s archway and cherry blossom-themed playhouses made by Brightly Ever After.
● Female artist showcases: Nicole Bourgea, a local artist whose work celebrates publicly accessible art, also painted a “Carpe Diem” lush mural inspired by the ephemeral nature of the cherry blossom, viewable on the mall’s upper level across from Apple. Artists Maggie O’Neill and Cris Logan also have beautiful, bright artwork on display throughout the center in celebration of the spring season.
● Y2K Pink Party concert with LFO and O-Town hosted by NSYNC’s Chris Kirkpatrick and 98 Degrees’ Jeff Timmons. BlossomFest peaks April 1 with a free concert at 1 pm by Y2K-era pop heroes LFO and O-Town, who’ll perform live in the Nordstrom wing – with the blossoms as their backdrop – in this fun, family-friendly event hosted by NSYNC’s Chris Kirkpatrick and 98 Degrees’ Jeff Timmons.
Tickets are not required but registration is appreciated here. Registrants who subscribe for mall emails will be entered for the chance to win a meet-and-greet with the performers. Guests can donate or recycle a variety of items to win thank you gifts and offers from shops such as L’Occitane and American Eagle. Concertgoers are also encouraged to don their favorite pink outfits for a day of petal-themed activations, including the Lone Oak biergarten pop-up at the Blossom Lounge.
For more information, please visit the Eventbrite page.