The Open Parkways will be extended during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. During this time, parkways are open to pedestrians and bicyclists and closed to motor vehicles.
- Beach Drive between Connecticut and Knowles Avenue (2.9 miles)
- Saturday, May 27, at 7 a.m. until Tuesday, May 30, at 7 a.m.
- Sligo Creek Parkway between Old Carroll Avenue and Piney Branch Road and between Forest Glen Road and University Boulevard West
- Friday, May 26, at 9 a.m. until Tuesday, May 30, at 7 a.m.
- Little Falls Parkway between Arlington Road and Dorset Avenue (0.4 miles)
- Open 24/7 for recreation and exercise
Seasonal Amenities Open Saturday, May 27:
- Open 10 a.m.‒6 p.m., weekends only May 27 through June 11
- Open 10 a.m.‒6 p.m. Tuesday‒Sunday, June 16 through September 4. Open Memorial Day, May 29, and Labor Day, September 4
- Lake Needwood
- Open 10 am.‒6 p.m., May 27‒29; open 10 am.‒6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday through Labor Day weekend.
- Black Hill Boats
- Open 10 am.‒6 p.m., May 27‒29; open 10 am.‒6 p.m., Thursday‒Sunday through Labor Day weekend.
Additional facilities open Memorial Day weekend:
Following is a sampling of facilities that are open during the holiday weekend. Parks, trails, gardens, playgrounds, dog parks, skate parks, outdoor exercise stations, and outdoor tennis/pickleball and basketball courts* are open daily sunrise to sunset. (*Select outdoor courts are available for rental)
- The in-line hockey rink at Ridge Road Recreational Park and street hockey/futsal rink at Dewey Local Park may be permitted, or are available first-come, first serve if not reserved.
- Picnic shelters and campfire rings are available for rental at several locations.
- Wheaton Indoor Tennis and Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Center
- Little Bennett Campground
- Cabin John Miniature Train and Wheaton Miniature Train and Carousel
- South Germantown Driving Range
- Brookside Gardens grounds open daily sunrise-sunset, Visitor Center open daily 9 a.m.‒5 p.m., Conservatory open daily 10 a.m.‒5 p.m.
- Locust Grove Nature Center building open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 a.m.‒4 p.m. Park and trails open from sunrise to sunset.
- Josiah Henson Museum and Park, Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, 12‒4 p.m.
- Woodlawn Manor Cultural Park Museum & Visitor Center, Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.‒4 p.m.
The following facilities will be CLOSED on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, 2023:
- Montgomery Parks Headquarters and Permits Offices
- Montgomery Parks Customer Service Office
- Pauline Betz Addie and Wheaton Indoor Tennis Centers
- Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Arena
- Indoor nature facilities - Brookside Nature Center, Locust Grove Nature Center, Black Hill Visitor Center/Nature Programs. Trails and outdoor nature play areas remain open sunrise to sunset. Meadowside Nature Center is undergoing building and meadow renovations. However, programs are continuing through the project. Trails and nature play areas remain open sunrise to sunset.