Notes from Governor Hogan’s 3/2 Press Conference
Our note taker isn’t available for this press conference, so our notes will consist of tweets by Governor Hogan’s communication director, Mike Ricci.
1. Governor Hogan is making a series of #COVID19 announcements, and I’ll do a thread about them.
2. The governor is introducing former CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield as a new senior adviser for public health.
He will advise the state in a number of areas, including vaccines and variants.
3. Maryland has received an *initial* allocation of Johnson & Johnson: 49,600 doses. And we are deploying 100% of it this week.
However, we have just been told that there will be NO J&J shipping to the states next week.
4. The mass vaccination site at M&T Bank Stadium will ramp up ahead of schedule to 2,000 shots per day.
Convention Center will focus on underserved populations. Also ramping up their supply.
5. SOUTHERN MARYLAND mass vaccination site will open one week early, this Thursday. Appointments will open this evening.
6. EASTERN SHORE mass vaccination site will open by 3/18 at Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury. Tidal Health is the clinical partner.
7. WESTERN MARYLAND mass vaccination site in Hagerstown will open by the end of the month. Meritus Hospital is the clinical partner.
8. The state is in active discussions with counties that have expressed an interest in hosting a mass vaccination site. Opening more sites is contingent on more supply.
9. We are prepared to increase allocations to providers further in the weeks ahead, so long as they are able to administer doses within one week of delivery.
All slides from the press conference can be seen here.