Per Montgomery County: Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) will offer online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers throughout February. All workshops are free. The schedule of workshops:
- Thursday, Feb. 2. 1-3 p.m. Interviewing for Success. Virtual*Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7707783
- Mondays throughout February. 9:30-11:30 a.m. I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Virtual* Sign up to meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register at:
- Monday, Feb. 6: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7697594
- Monday, Feb. 13: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7697699
- Monday, Feb. 27: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7697794
- Tuesday, Feb. 7. 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies. Virtual* Learn about best practices for conducting a job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7707817
- How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government
- Thursday, Feb. 9, 10:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. In-Person at Marilyn Praisner Library, 14910 Old Columbia Rd., Burtonsville. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7818713
- Wednesday, Feb. 15, 10:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. Virtual* Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7671897
- Tuesday, Feb. 14. 1-2 p.m. Google Drive Basics. Virtual* Learn how to use a cloud-based storage solution that allows you to save files online, access them anywhere from any smartphone, tablet or computer and collaborate with others. Learn how to use Google Drive. This month will include review of creating, saving and sharing documents created in Google Docs. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7888388
- Mondays throughout February. 2-4 p.m. at Brigadier General Charles E. McGee Library, 900 Wayne Ave., Silver Spring. Job and Resume Help Program. Get help with job related topics. The 30-minute one-on-one appointments will be first come first served and will take place in Meeting Room 1 on the Third Floor. No registration required.
- Monday, Feb. 6: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7901246
- Monday, Feb. 13: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7901247
- Monday, Feb. 27: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7901248
- Wednesday, Feb. 15. 10-11:30 a.m. Engage with Entrepreneurship (English). Virtual.* Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help you determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center (MWBC). Registration required. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7895837.
- Digital Literacy Bootcamp, In-Person. Join Classroom 2 Community (formally Literacy Council of Montgomery County) for a workshop that will help you reach the next level in your professional career with an introduction to essential digital skills, from vocabulary to common tools like Google and Microsoft.
- Thursday, Feb. 16. 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Germantown Library. 19840 Century Blvd., Germantown. Register athttps://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7933979.
- Wednesday, Feb. 22; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Damascus Library; 9701 Main St., Damascus. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7698752.
- Monday, Feb 13 and 27. 10:15 a.m.-noon. Computer Class (basic) at Brigadier General Charles E. McGee Library, 900 Wayne Ave., Silver Spring. A two-week class for adults, offering an introduction to using a computer. Perfect for beginners. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7845294
*An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
For more information about programs, contact Adrienne van Lare at email@example.com