Per Montgomery County: Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) will offer online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers throughout January. All workshops are free.
The schedule of workshops:
- Tuesday, Jan. 17, and Tuesday, Jan. 24. 10:15 a.m.-noon. Computer Classes (intermediate) at Brigadier General Charles E. McGee Library, 900 Wayne Ave., Silver Spring. Two-week class will introduce the basics of Microsoft Excel. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7634703
- Mondays throughout January, 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions – Virtual* Sign up to meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register at:
- Monday, Jan. 9: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7697161
- Monday, Jan. 23: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7697470
- Monday, Jan. 30: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7697584
- Mondays throughout January, 2-4 p.m. at Brigadier General Charles E. McGee Library, 900 Wayne Ave., Silver Spring. Job and Resume Help Program. Get help with job related topics. The 30-minute one-on-one appointments will be first come first served and will take place in Meeting Room #1 on the 3rd Floor. No registration required.
- Monday, Jan. 9: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7656202
- Monday, Jan. 23: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7656203
- Monday, Jan. 30: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7656204
- Mondays, 10:15 a.m.-noon. Computer Class (Basic) at Brigadier General Charles E. McGee Library, 900 Wayne Ave., Silver Spring. A two-week class for adults, offering an introduction to using a computer. Perfect for beginners.
- Monday, Jan. 9, and Monday, Jan. 23. 10:15 a.m.- noon. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7601261
- Monday, Jan. 30, and Monday, Feb. 6. 10:15 a.m.- noon. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7601259
- Wednesday, Jan.11. 1-3 p.m. Interviewing for Success – Virtual*. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7707754
- Tuesday, Jan. 17. 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies – Virtual*. Learn about best practices for conducting a job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7707811
- Tuesday/Thursday, Jan. 17 and 19: 5:30-8 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp for 45-and-over Job Seekers (Session I/Session II) – Virtual*. Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on both the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7053230.
- Tuesday, Jan. 17. 6:30-7:30 p.m. Support for Success: Montgomery College at the Library – Virtual*. Returning to school can be a challenge. Meeting the demands of home, work, and school can be stressful. Information and resources to help make your return to school a success. Space is limited. Registration is strongly recommended but not required. Priority will be given to registered customers. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7425645
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Workshop. Learn how to make your cover letter and resume stand out to potential employers.
- Thursday, Jan. 19. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Long Branch Library, 8899 Garland Ave., Silver Spring. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7709447.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31. 1-3 p.m. at Damascus Library, 9701 Main St., Damascus. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7698695
- Wednesday, Jan.18. 10:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government – Virtual*. Learn how to apply for jobs with the Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/7665454
*An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
For more information about programs, contact Adrienne van Lare at firstname.lastname@example.org