Common Plate Hospitality (CPH) has announced the restaurants that will be featured at the upcoming The Heights Food Hall at Wisconsin Place in Chevy Chase. The new food hall will be opening in the space formerly occupied by Anthropologie and PF Chang’s on the 5400 block of Wisconsin Ave. The food hall will offer both indoor and outdoor patio dining and will be open seven days a week from 11am-Midnight. According to the group, the following “culinary partners” are in the lineup:
- James Beard nominated Chef Kevin Tien of Moon Rabbit bringing forward a unique sushi concept;
- RAMMY nominated Chef Javier Fernandez, the mastermind behind Kuya Ja’s and Lapu Lapu featuring his new concept Extra Rice;
- Chef Priya Ammu’s iconic DC Dosa showcasing immensely popular – and naturally vegan – Indian street food;
- Locally acclaimed Texas-inspired Barbeque, Supreme BBQ and AunTea Boba
- Local favorite Mimi’s Handmade Ice Cream offering soft serve and cookies made in store with locally sourced ingredients and ice cream by the pint.CPH will also be introducing a few other creative concepts to The Heights that include
- The Heights Bar, a full-service bar featuring craft cocktails, local beer and wine selections;
- Soup Matters presenting world seasonal house-made soups;
- This Deli of Ours showcasing artisanal sandwiches, hot chicken, cheese steaks, flat-top burgers and house-made varieties of pickles.
- The Turncoat, a cleverly named speakeasy, that will pay homage to the prohibition era with a secret door entrance, astounding libations and premium food options.
- Urbano @ The Heights – the group’s flagship contemporary Tex-Mex concept, will open its third location inside the food hall.
CPH will also be holding a “Stall Wars” competition, where one food hall stall will be awarded to an “enthusiastic culinary aficionado and entrepreneur” who otherwise would not have the means to open a location. According to CPH, “the top three finalists will have the chance to tell their story and display their culinary talent in a 30-minute ABC7/WJLA Good Morning Washington segment. The winner will be announced on television and offered the opportunity to open their own culinary business at The Heights Food Hall.”
“The purpose of the competition is to bring exciting and innovative ideas to life that have the potential of becoming a profitable business venture. Chefs and entrepreneurs should display critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and communication skills to a panel of judges.
Anyone interested in participating in the competition must register by completing this entry form https://www.stallwars.com/ by no later than Thursday, September 15. The panel will review the online submissions and the final three candidates will be invited to present their culinary concept to the panel the week of September 19. On September 30, ABC7/WJLA’s Good Morning Washington will dedicate a 30-minute segment to tell the stories of the top three candidates and reveal the winner.
We encourage participants to be bold and focus on fresh and new ideas. Whether it is building on or evolving from previous industry models, reinventing a concept entirely, or creating something we did not even know existed, this is THE opportunity to sell a good story and get CPH to invest in your dream.”