For Immediate Release: Tuesday, June 28, 2022
Early voting in Montgomery County for the 2022 Gubernatorial Primary Election will be available at 14 early voting centers from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. from Thursday, July 7, through Thursday, July 14, including Saturday and Sunday. Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) Ride On bus service has several routes available to transport voters to the early voting centers located throughout the County.
“Lack of access to transportation should not be a barrier to voting,” said County Executive Marc Elrich. “I want to ensure that all our eligible residents can cast a vote. As many as a quarter of households within our dense urban areas do not have access to a vehicle. That is why it is important to highlight the bus routes that serve the early voting centers that will be open from July 7 through July 14. Our bus system is imperative to ensure that all residents have access to voting centers regardless of where they live and their socio-economic status.”
Montgomery County Ride On and Metrobus routes that will serve early voting centers:
- Activity Center at Bohrer Park in Gaithersburg (Ride On Route 59)
- Bauer Drive Community Recreation Center (Ride On Route 48)
- Damascus Community Recreation Center (Ride On Route 90)
- Executive Office Building in Rockville (Ride On Routes 44, 46, 47, 54, 56)
- Germantown Community Recreation Center (Ride On Route 98)
- Jane E. Lawton Community Recreation Center (Ride On Route 34—closest)
- Marilyn J. Praisner Community Recreation Center (Metrobus Routes Z6 and Z7)
- Mid-County Community Recreation Center (Ride On Routes 26, 39 and 49)
- Nancy H. Dacek North Potomac Community Recreation Center (Ride On Route 301)
- Potomac Community Recreation Center (Ride On Route 37)
- Sandy Spring Volunteer Fire Station (Ride On Routes 52 and 53 / Metrobus Routes Y2 and Y8)
- Silver Spring Civic Building (Ride On Routes 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19 / Metrobus Route F4)
- Wheaton Library and Community Recreation Center (Ride on Routes 9 and 31 / Metrobus Routes Y2, Y7 and Y8)
- White Oak Community Recreation Center (Ride on Route 10 / Metrobus Routes Z6 and Z8)
“In Montgomery County, a large portion of our population relies on public transportation for essential trips,” said MCDOT Director Chris Conklin. “Buses allow for inclusion, connectedness and advancement. We want to ensure that all of our residents, regardless of income or ability, can get to polling sites.”
Ride On bus fare remains free through the end of July.
For the most up-to-date service information, riders should follow @RideOnMCT on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. In addition, information is available at RideOnBus.com, by subscribing to receive email alerts at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/govdelivery, or texting MONTGOMERY RIDEON to 468311 to receive text alerts.