Per the City of Rockville:
Native trees are beautiful, provide important habitat for birds and other wildlife, and help absorb stormwater runoff and pollutants. Single-family and townhouse owners, homeowners associations, condominium associations and nonprofits in Rockville can receive a $150 rebate from the city for planting native trees. Learn how at www.rockvillemd.gov/rainscapes.
Rebates are also available for permeable paver retrofits, rain barrels, native-planting projects and pavement removal.
Need ideas for trees to plant? You can usually find these native trees at local nurseries or online:
- Willow oak (Quercus phellos).
- River birch (Betula nigra).
- Red maple (Acer rubrum).
- Serviceberry (Amelanchier spp.).
- White fringetree (Chionanthus virginicus).
- Flowering dogwood (Cornus florida).
- American holly (Ilex opaca).
- Eastern red cedar (Juniperus virginiana).
- Sweetbay magnolia (Magnolia virginiana).