Small Dog Knocks Over Sage to Start Small Fire on Monday Afternoon

by MCS Staff

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) were called to the scene of a fire at the Waterford Towers apartment complex on the 14000 block of Castle Blvd in Burtonsville on Monday at approximately 3:30pm, according to MCFRS Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer.

The fire was on the second floor of the complex with smoke on several floors causing a partial evacuation of the building. The fire is believed to have been started when a small dog knocked over smoldering sage that was not completely extinguished off of a table, igniting nearby combustibles. The fire was contained to the one apartment and there were no injuries (including the dog), but there were $50k in damages and the family living in the apartment is currently displaced.


You may also like

Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy