Per the City of Takoma Park:
An annual event hosted by the police department to bring the community together as a whole to increase awareness of safety and crime prevention; to support locally-based businesses, groups and organizations; and to strengthen relationships among the community members and between the community and location police department.
- Police Vehicles on Display
- MD National Park Police Horses
- McGruff the Crime Dog
- Child ID Kits and Fingerprinting
- Dunk Tank/Basketball
- Face Painting/Moon Bounce
- Games & Prizes
- Food & Ice Cream
For more information, visit National Night Out – Community Policing.
Street Closures and No Parking Information
The following roads will be closed, and/, or there will be no parking on August 2, 2022, from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm:
Maple Avenue from Philadelphia Avenue to Lee Avenue – closed to
traffic from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Streets Closures on August 2, 2022, from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm:
- Maple Avenue at Grant Avenue – closed
- Hancock Avenue at Grant Avenue – closed
*Residents from 7513 Maple Avenue and 7515 Maple Avenue will be unable to leave or return to their residences during this time.**
No Parking on the following streets on August 2, 2022, from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm:
- On Maple Avenue from Philadelphia Avenue to Lee Avenue
- No parking on Lee Avenue from Carroll Avenue to Maple Avenue
- **Reminders** for no parking will be placed 48 hours prior to the event.
Lee Avenue will be a detour route; vehicles trying to access Maple Avenue from Philadelphia Avenue will need to go up to Carroll Avenue and make a left onto Carroll Avenue, and another left onto Lee Avenue to access Maple Avenue. It will be the same for vehicles trying to access Philadelphia Avenue from Maple Avenue.