(*) = Seed
(7) Old Mill at (2) Quince Orchard – The Cougars beat Northwest 24-14 in the 2nd round. WR Zack Zarchin had 2 receptions for 50 yards and 2 TDs in the win. Next, they take on the Patriots of Old Mill from Anne Arundel County. .Old Mill defeated Glen Burnie 32-0 last week. RB Maximus Jones rushed for 200 yards in the victory. This will be the 3rd matchup between these schools with the series currently tied 1-1.
Prediction: Quince Orchard by 24
(6) Churchill at (3) Broadneck – The Bulldogs won a hard fought game vs Gaithersburg in the 2nd round 27-14. RB David Avit scored 3 TDs in the win. They will travel to Annapolis to take on the Bruins of Broadneck from Anne Arundel County. Broadneck defeated Meade 30-13. RB Ian Mauldin ran for 14 yards and 3 TDs in the victory. This is the 1st time since 1995 Churchill has played in the quarterfinals.
Prediction: Broadneck by 32
(5) Wise at (4) Blair – The Blazers beat Einstein 28-0 last week in the 2nd round. QB Kendell Anderson passed for 243 yards and 1 TD in the victory. They will host the Wise Pumas of PG County, who defeated Duval 49-0 last week.. This will be the 2nd year in a row these squads have matched up in the playoffs.
Prediction: Wise by 26
(8) Paint Branch at (1) Flowers – .The Panthers beat Laurel 42-16 in the 2nd round. RB Roman Spikes rushed for 162 yards an 2 TDs in the win. They will travel to Springdale to take on the Flowers Jaguars of PG County, who beat Roosevelt 40-20 last week. RB Sean Johnson ran for 168 yards and 5 TDs in the victory. Flowers Head Coach Dameon Powell is a graduate of Sherwood High School.
Prediction: Flowers by 18
(6) Seneca Valley at (3) Arundel – The Screaming Eagles beat Howard 40-0 in the 2nd round. As a team Seneca rushed for 172 yards and 2 TDs. They will travel to Anne Arundel County to take on the Arundel Wildcats who defeated Leonardtown 29-3. As a team the Wildcats passed for 197 yards and 2 TDs in the win.
Prediction: Arundel by 6
(5) North Point at (4) Sherwood – The Warriors beat Springbrook 55-14 in the 2nd round. RB Van Mahoney rushed for 86 yds and 1 TD in the win. They will host Eagles of North Point in Charles County. The Eagles beat Chopticon 35-0. .
Prediction: North Point by 28
(7) Blake at (2) Dundalk – The Bengals beat Wootton 27-8 last week in the 2nd round. QB Kirby Matson passed for 116 yards and 3 TDs in the win. They will travel to Dundalk in Baltimore County to take on the Owls. Dundalk beat Dunlaney 34-0. Blakes record of 8-3 is the best in school history.
Prediction: Dundalk by 20
(5) Long Reach at (3) Damascus – The Swarming Hornets defeated Linganore in the 2nd round 28-7. As a team Damascus rushed for 244 yards and 4 TDs. They will host the Long Reach Lightning of Howard County. Long Reach beat Chesapeake 14-13 in the 2nd round. As a team the Lightning ran for 110 yards and 1 TD in the victory.
Prediction: Damascus by 22
Statewide Playoff Brackets can be found here.