Tuesday Morning Update on Wednesday-Friday Storm

Tuesday Morning Update on Wednesday-Friday Storm

We suspect that a Winter Weather Watch will be issued at some point later today.

The Special Weather Statement that was in effect for this morning regarding the potential of freezing rain has been lifted.

The National Weather Service has upped its expected snowfall forecast to 6-8” for all of MoCo. The high end amount (10% chance) has MoCo in the 10-13” range, while the low end amount (10% chance) has MoCo at around 2 inches.

As of now we are only able to find a first call map from WUSA9, which has MoCo in the 3-6” range. ABC7 says it’s too early for a map, but put out a likely range of 1-4 inches.

The snow is expected to move in towards the end of the day on Wednesday and continue through Thursday morning. There’s likely to be a lull in the action midday Thursday before things get started again until early Friday morning– another longer event for our area.

We expect more maps to be available this afternoon and will have as many snow forecasts to share with you as possible at that time.

Be the first to comment on "Tuesday Morning Update on Wednesday-Friday Storm"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*