Update: 2nd Alarm Fire in Poolesville Extinguished

by MCS Staff

Updated at 6:22pm with additional information

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services encountered heavy fire upon arriving to the 19600 block of Wootton Avenue, near Hughes Road, in Poolesville.

A family of 2 adults, 3 kids, and 1 snake has been displaced. The family cat is currently missing and several goldfish did not survive. The fire originated in the kitchen and started due to unattended food/oil on the stove top.

There were approximately $200k in damages.

The fire was put out by 4:32pm and no injuries were reported in the most recent tweet by MCFRS PIO, Pete Piringer.

 

'

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy