Update on Snake Infestation That Lead a Homeowner in Dickerson to Accidentally Burn Down Home

by Patrick Herron
'

Earlier this week we let you know about a homeowner on the 21000 block Big Woods Rd in Dickerson that accidentally burned their home down on November 23rd.

According to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services, the homeowner was attempting to use smoke as a way to manage a snake infestation. The hot coals being used were too close to combustible materials, causing the fire to start.

There were no injuries reported and damages exceeded $1M.

On Monday, MCFRS Spokesperson Pete Piringer posted an update on the snakes involved in the incident. “Firefighters located evidence that some snakes did not survive, however others likely did,” said Piringer.

 

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy