Per MCDOT: On Wednesday, March 1, at 7 p.m., the Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) will hold a virtual public hearing to discuss the proposed construction of sidewalks on the following roadways:
- the south, even-numbered side of Durbin Roadfrom Bradley Boulevard to Hopewood Street;
- the north, odd-numbered side of Lenox Roadfrom Millwood Road to Whittier Boulevard;
- the west, even-numbered side of Millwood Roadfrom Plainview Road to Goldsboro Road;
- the west, even-numbered side of Kenhill Roadfrom Durbin Road to Highboro Drive;
- the northeast, odd-numbered side of Highboro Drive from Kenhill Road to Whittier Drive.
At the virtual hearing MCDOT will present the project details, costs, schedules and obtain public testimony. If approved, the completed project will enhance safety for pedestrians, bicyclists and people with disabilities as they travel to nearby schools and facilities. Public input is encouraged and will influence whether MCDOT constructs any, all or a portion of the proposed sidewalks.
Online registration is required to attend. On the morning of the meeting, an invitation will be sent via email to those who registered.
Prior to the virtual meeting, the public is encouraged to review the proposal files on the project website.
Written testimony and questions may be submitted to MCDOT’s Sidewalk Program by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written testimony carries the same weight as oral testimony. All information provided, including questions and testimony will become a matter of public record.
Interpreter services will be provided upon request with five business days advance notice by contacting Lori Jean Main by email at email@example.com or call 240-777-7271.
Learn more about MCDOT’s engineering and construction projects by visiting montgomerycountymd.gov/dot-dte.
For more information on MCDOT programs and services visit montgomerycountymd.gov/mcdot, follow @MCDOTNow on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to MCDOT’s “Go Montgomery!” newsletter.