A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for all of Montgomery County from 1pm on Sunday, January 16th until 7am on Monday, January 17th.
We’ll have an update and the latest maps from the NWS and major networks ready to go tonight.
More information from the National Weather Service can be seen below:
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
* WHAT…Significant snow and wintry precipitation possible. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are most likely, with up to 5 inches possible. Ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an inch are possible. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph.
* WHERE…The District of Columbia, portions of central and northern Maryland, and central and northern Virginia.
* WHEN…From Sunday afternoon through Monday morning.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the Monday morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow may fall at 1 to 3 inches per hour late Sunday afternoon and early Sunday evening, resulting in nearly impassable roads.