Winter Storm Watch on Super Bowl Sunday

by MCS Staff

Winter Storm Watch on Super Bowl Sunday

A Winter Storm Watch has been issued, starting Sunday, 2/7 at midnight and lasting until 3pm with total accumulations of 5 or more inches, according to the National Weather Service.

This storm looked like a possibility last weekend, went away, and then came right back just in time to drum up some excitement prior to the weekend.

For the second time in two weeks it has become official. We’ll see if this one trends snowier to bring us a warning or if it looks like it’ll be an advisory-level event.

Right now, the National Weather Service has about 60% of MoCo in the 3-4” range and the remaining 40% in the 4-6” range.

Just like almost every storm for us, this one still has some wiggle room. The next bath of model runs can show less precipitation or they can show more as we get closer to the event.

Either way, it looks like we’re gonna have some snow on the ground for the Super Bowl!

Stay tuned…


You may also like

Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy