A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 6am until noon on Sunday morning.
Temperatures will likely remain below freezing h til the late morning, which could cause for some slick spots in MoCo until about noon.
This is more of a threat the further north you go, but can still cause trouble even in southern parts of MoCo in the morning.
Roads should only be wet in the afternoon and any icing that does occur should melt and be washed away.
Patterns for the next two weeks are looking really interesting for our area and they’ll continue to be monitored until a threat close enough to mention is seen.
Per the National Weather Service:
* WHAT…Freezing rain. Total ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch.
* WHERE…Central and northeastern Maryland, including the city of Baltimore, and Loudoun County in Virginia.
* WHEN…From 6 AM to noon EST Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Difficult travel conditions are possible due to the
potential of icy roads and sidewalks.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The cold conditions leading up to this event may make it a dangerous situation for anyone traveling during this time.
Anyone traveling, especially on interstates 270, 70, 95, 695, and 83 should pay close attention to the weather Sunday.
Slow down and use caution while traveling. Prepare for possible power outages.
When venturing outside, watch your first few steps taken on steps, sidewalks, and driveways, which could be icy and slippery, increasing your risk of a fall and injury.