Woman, Two Dogs Dead After Darnestown House Fire
Featured Photo Courtesy Montgomery County Fire/Rescue Chief Spokesman Pete Piringer
Shortly after 7PM Sunday evening, Montgomery County career and volunteer firefighters responded to a reported house fire at 15001 Darnestown Road.
The initial 911 call reporting the fire came from a passing driver, reporting fire showing from the front windows of the home.
By the time firefighters arrived, several civilians were attempting to extinguish the fire and rescue an occupant believed to still be inside the burning home.
Firefighters were challenged by excessive clutter inside the home. The firefighters did locate one adult female inside the burning home, and she died after being transported to a local hospital.
Firefighters also located six large dogs inside the home; four of the dogs survived the fire. The home did not have any smoke alarms.
The fire is believed to have been ignited by an electrical failure in the first floor living room, according to Pete Piringer, Chief Spokesman for Montgomery County Fire/Rescue.