- Slice of Rockville (Rockville): In addition to the pizza being good, it’s always impressive to see the owner working hard in the back preparing the pizzas. Her name escapes me, but she’s always making sure the quality is on point.
- Mamma Lucia (Bethesda, Rockville x2, Olney, Silver Spring): I like Mamma’s pizza. Because it’s available throughout MoCo, I may eat it more than any pizza on this list. This has been a fairly recent development, as I’ve become a bigger fan of their pizza in the last few years. I wonder if the recipe changed?
- Gentleman Jim’s (Gaithersburg): The first of three square pizzas that are on my list. This is the only one on the list that uses Swiss cheese as a topping.
- Broadway Pizza (Potomac): I once had a pizza here called “The Four Star Act.” It was a huge pizza that was basically a different pizza in each quadrant. All four were amazing and I’ve been back many times since.
- Mangino’s (Germantown): This used to be located in a gas station and that scared people away at times. They have their own spot now and the pizza is just as good. This is greasy, cheesy, Ninja Turtlesesque pizza.
- Giuseppi’s (Rockville and Gaithersburg): When I was a student at Montgomery College, I was introduced to the two-slice and a drink deal at their previous location in Rockville. It wasn’t until I got a place about 100 yards from the Gaithersburg location that I became a huge fan. Their ranch is great for crust dipping.
- Continental (Kensington): Another square pizza I’m a big fan of. This one has a little more substance than you’ll see in most other square pizzas in the area. The only negative…you’ll have to pay for it in cash, as Continental does not accept credit cards.
- CSNY Pizza (Rockville): I know many are enamored by their Sicilian style pizza, but I’ll go NY style every time. Though it’s described as New York style pizza in Rockville, that doesn’t factor in to my ranking. A wise man once said “People from New York/New Jersey aren’t the authority on pizza…they just think they are.”
- Armand’s Pizza (Rockville): This once-thriving local chain is down to one location in MoCo, on Halpine Rd. in Rockville, and just two overall (the other is in Bethany, DE). I could eat these deep dish slices for days.
- Stained Glass Pub (Glenmont): Half-price pizza on Mondays and Tuesdays is a steal, but I’ll gladly pay full-price for my favorite pizza in MoCo. Similar to Ledo Pizza (a large chain not eligible for this list), but a little better. Stained Glass Pub pizza squares go down as easy as potato chips.
Time Square Jewelers at 100 Gibbs St Unit E in Rockville has announced it will be closing on December 23, 2023.
Takoma Park Police has announced that following a thorough investigation of a bomb threat at a drag event that was being held at Motorkat on the 6900 block of Laurel…
Detectives from the Special Victims Investigations Division (SVID) is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Genesis Flores, a missing 13-year-old from Silver Spring.
Earlier this year we let you know that Planet Fitness announced it will be opening new locations at 6881 New Hampshire Ave. in Takoma Park (now open) and 2201 Randolph Rd….
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!