Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich and County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles today announced the County has achieved its benchmarks and will officially enter Phase 2 of reopening on Friday, June 19 at 5 p.m.
The County plans to continue with an incremental reopening, based on public health data. Phase 2 allows additional businesses and activities to start and/or increase modified operations under specified guidelines. The guidelines include:
- Retail – curbside and limited in-store; one patron per 200 sq. ft. of sales space;
- Restaurants – outdoor/patio seating and limited indoor dining with requirements; up to 50 percent capacity maximum indoors if social distancing can be maintained;
- Childcare – childcare programs can reopen with a maximum of 15 individuals per classroom;
- Gyms – fitness centers, and other indoor physical activities; open with requirements; one patron per 200 sq. ft. of fitness space;
- Houses of Worship – virtual, drive-in, and limited indoor and outdoor services with requirements – one congregant/family unit per 200 sq. ft. of service space;
- Indoor and Outdoor Gatherings – limited to a maximum of 50 or one person/family unit per 200 sq. ft., whichever is lower
- Salons/Barbers/Nails – all personal services allowed by appointment only; one patron per 200 sq. ft. of service delivery space;
- Car Washes – open for internal and external cleaning with requirements;
- Office Spaces and Multi-tenant Commercial Buildings – limited use for nonessential personnel with requirements; telework strongly encouraged where applicable;
- Indoor and Outdoor pools (public and private) – open with capacity restrictions;
- Outdoor Day Camps – expanded opening with requirements;
- Outdoor Youth Sports – expanded for low-contact sports with requirements;
- Parks & Playgrounds – parks open for personal fitness and fitness classes with requirements; playgrounds open with requirements; only low-contact sports allowed; and
- Ride On Bus Service – expanded schedule; expanded routes.
Certain outdoor recreation activities and facilities are already permitted: golf courses, archery, shooting ranges, marinas, campgrounds, horseback riding facilities and tennis courts.
The following businesses and services will remain closed in Phase 2:
- Concerts and theaters;
- Senior centers;
- Libraries; and
- Recreation facilities.
Full press release available here.
A taxi driver from Silver Spring is $50,000 richer after purchasing a winning lottery ticket from Party Time Beer & Wine at 11443 Georgia Ave in Wheaton. Full story below…
In June, the Washington Wizards traded three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, a handful of second-round picks, and multiple pick swaps. In September,…
Update: SB Columbia Pike (US29) at Blackburn Rd reopened from earlier traffic incident, except for two blocked right lanes. Expect residual delays.
Per MCPD: “A 16-year-old from Gaithersburg has been arrested in possession of a stolen vehicle with a loaded firearm.