Notes Governor Hogan’s 3/23 Press Conference
Governor Hogan announced in today’s press conference that MoCo will be getting its mass vaccination site at Montgomery College- Germantown as previously mentioned by local elected officials.
The MC-Germantown site will be ready the week of April 5th.
Our regular note-taker for this meeting was unavailable, so the notes below come from Governor Hogan’s Deputy Communications Director, Kara Hall.
• Today the State of Maryland entered Phase 2A of our #COVID19 vaccine plan.
• VACCINE UPDATE. Maryland has administered 2,252,974 COVID-19 vaccines and is averaging 43,882 shots per day.
More than 70% of all Marylanders over 65 have been vaccinated, and nearly 35% of all Marylanders over 18 have been vaccinated.
• VACCINE EQUITY TASK FORCE. 55 missions have been completed or are being completed, and they have rolled out mobile clinics for hard-to-reach areas.
Holding clinics nearly every day, and we are seeing significant increases in vax rate in the hardest-hit zip codes.
• PHASE 2B UPDATE. The governor announces that Phase 2B, which begins one week from today on 3/30, will be expanded to include all Marylanders 16 and older with disabilities.
• Pre-registration for all those eligible under Phase 2B begins TODAY. More than 150,000 Marylanders have already successfully pre-registered on the new state website.
• MASS VAX SITES. The governor announces the launch of 6 additional mass vaccination sites next month, for a total of 12 by the end of April.
• Week of April 5:
-Timonium Fairgrounds site in Baltimore County will transition to mass vax site
-New mass vax site at Montgomery College in Germantown
• Week of April 12:
-New mass vax sites in Anne Arundel County and Frederick County
• By the end of April:
-New mass vax sites in Howard County and Harford County
AT&T’s network has been down for many of its customers across the country, including locally here in the DC Metropolitan Area on Thursday morning. The outage does not allow for…
The Wheaton Arts Parade is accepting submissions for this year’s poster contest. The 8th Annual Wheaton Arts Parade & Festival takes place on Sunday, September 29, 2024.
The Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) MoComCon, which was originally scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 20, will take place on Saturday, March 2 in Germantown.
On Wednesday, Governor Wes Moore announced $10 million for small business and community development grants through the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development’s Project Restore 2.0 and Business Boost…
AC Milan Academy is hosting a soccer camp at Maryland Soccerplex from March 1st through March 3rd for girls and boys aged 5 to 16 from any club who want to develop their soccer skills and learn the unique methodology of AC Milan directly from AC Milan coaches.
March 1st (Friday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 2nd (Saturday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 3rd (Sunday) 10:30am -12pm and 3:30pm-5pm
Location:18031 Central Park Cir, Boyds, MD 20841
Price: $349 + AC Milan Junior Camp Kit