Free and Discounted Activities at this Year’s Montgomery County Agricultural Fair
This year the annual Montgomery County Agricultural Fair will run from August 13th through the 21st. The MoCo Show is proud to be an official sponsor of the 2021 Montgomery County Agricultural Fair, please make sure to stop by our booth and say hello!
Tickets are available here and don’t forget, children 11 and under are free everyday.
DAILY FAIR SCHEDULE:
• Friday, August 13th, 3 pm-midnight
• Saturday, August 14th, 10 am – midnight
• Sunday, August 15th – Thursday, August 19th, 10 am to 11 pm
• Friday, August 20 – Saturday, August 21st, 10 am – midnight
Carnival hours of operation:
• Friday, August 13th, 3:00 pm – midnight
• Saturday, August 14th noon – midnight
• Sunday, August 15th – Thursday, August 19th noon to 11 pm
• Friday, August 20 – Saturday, August 21st, noon-midnight
All children ages eleven and under get free admission every day at the fair.
Free parking and shuttle bus service is offered from Lakeforest Mall, located at Lost Knife Rd. and Odenhal Ave. Fairground parking is $10 per vehicle.
On Tuesday, August 17th , the fair will be celebrating Senior Day in partnership with Adventist HelathCare. Admissions will be free for those who are 62 and over from 10 AM to 5 PM.
On Thursday, August 19th, the Montgomery County agricultural fair will be celebrating military day. Admission is free for any active military who come in uniform or display a valid military ID at the tickets booth, hours run from 10 AM to 5 PM.
• Old MacDonald’s Barn exhibit teaches you about many different animals. (Barn is open EVERY day)
• The Barns display all types and breeds of farm animals, such as; Cows, Goats, Horses, Pigs, Poultry, Rabbits, Sheep, and sometimes babies too. (These barn displays do not open until Sunday, August 16th at noon)
There are many contests you may participate in for free, such as:
• Flower Arranging •
• Twitter Scavenger Hunt • win Cash
• Stang Plumbing & Heating Toilet & Toilet Seat Decorating
• Cheese Carving • Project G Street • You Be the Judge • •Coloring Contest •My Best Fair Photo Contest
*** Please visit macgfair.com for contest rules ***
4-H livestock is abundant and exhibits on display for free at the Fair.
Animal shows are held in our Cattle, Beef, Swine, and Sheep & Goat Pavilions on various days and times. *Horse events are held in the Horse Arena on various days and times*
The Fair has many interesting displays and demonstrations, such as:
• Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center Mooo-ternity Ward – check in frequently to see if a calf is on its way or taking its first steps.
• The Milking Parlor – You can “Milk a Cow” by hand for $1, on various days and times.*
• Home Arts in Building #6
• 4-H in Building #6
• Photography, Arts & Crafts in Building #3
• Farm & Garden in Building #2
• Old Timers in Building #2
Please see each building for the demonstrations.
FREE GRANDSTAND EVENTS/SHOWS
• Truck Drag Racing- Friday, August 13 at 7:30 pm
FREE in the Xfinity Grandstand
• ATV Drag Racing – Saturday, August 14 at 7:30 pm
FREE in the Xfinity Grandstand.
• Renegade Monster Truck Tour – Wednesday and Thursday, August 18 & 19 at 7:30 pm in the Xfinity Grandstand; $15 online, $17 at the gate per person 12 and older, $10 online, $12 at the gate for children 3 – 11, children 2 and under are Free
• Demolition Derby:” Night of Destruction”- Friday and Saturday, August 20 and 21 at 7:30 pm in the Xfinity Grandstand; $15 online, $17 at the gate per person 12 and older, $10 online, $12 at the gate for children 3 – 11, children 2 and under are free.
Many vendor booths will have free giveaways and drawings.
FREE PERFORMANCES AND EVENTS
• Brad Matchett – Comedy Hypnotist Show, Every day at 9 pm on the PEPCO, and Exelon Company Community Stage
• Fast Action Motorsports Fame Racing– Free remote control racing, various times daily near Bldg. #3
• 4-H Parade – Sunday, August 15 at 5 pm on Maple Ave.
• Fair Royalty Coronation – Sunday, August 15 immediately following the 4-H Parade on the PEPCO, an Exelon Company Community Stage
• Honey Bee Demonstrations – Daily at 1, 4, & 6 pm in Farmer’s Triangle
• Pig Races brought to you by Grant County Mulch – Daily in Racing Park *
• Carrie McQueen Stilt Walker – Find her roaming the Fairgrounds daily.
• Chainsaw Carver – 2, 5, and 7 pm daily at Farmer’s Triangle (4, 6, and 8 pm on August 14th)
• Raptor’s Up Close – Monday- Friday 11 am on the PEPCO, an Exelon Company Community Stage. Visit their tent on the upper grounds to see the Raptors up close
• Community Dance & Musical Performances – Daily on the PEPCO, an Exelon Company Community Stage *
• Maryland Agricultural Showcase – Daily, upper grounds, in the KidZone
• Agricadabra – Fun and Entertaining educational agricultural shows daily on the PEPCO, an Exelon Company Community Stage
• Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean- This action- packed show is entertaining for the whole family. 12, 4, and 7:30 pm daily on the upper grounds. (3:30, 5:30, and 7:30 on August 13th)
• Extreme Illusions & Escapes – This show is mixed with amazing stage illusions, and skillful escapes, audience participation, and exciting music. Daily at 2:30, 4:30, and 8 pm on the PEPCO, an Exelon Company Community Stage.
• KidZone – ALL the activities & games in this area are free, such as:
STEAM tent, large oversized games, arts and crafts o Many activities occur throughout the day.
The summer reading program completed will earn children free food & a ride.
Friday, August 13 – One-day ride wristbands will cost $20.00, from 3 pm to midnight only.
One-day ride wristband, available online only, through August 14 at midnight for $20.00. (Does not include Fair admission fee).
Monday, August 16 & Wednesday, August 18 – Family Day Ride Special
On Monday and Wednesday ONLY one-day ride wristbands will cost $20.00 starting at noon and ending at 5 pm, you may ride until 11pm. Ride all rides but the Air Raid. Ride wrsitbands WILL be placed on wrist at time of purchase. Absolutely no exceptions. ***CARNIVAL ONLY ACCEPTS CASH***
“More Snow, Chance For Blizzards” – FOX5 “Big Winter” – NBC4 “More snow this winter than any other season over the last 5 years” – ABC7 “Above Average Snowfall For Entire DMV” –…
Per the Maryland Attorney General’s Office: Maryland Attorney General Anthony G. Brown has joined a coalition of 17 other Attorneys General supporting California’s efforts to restrict the capacity of firearms…
Per Montgomery County: “Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich and the Montgomery County Council are recognizing the contributions of Civil Right legend Rosa Parks by proclaiming the month of December as…
Per MCPD: “Detectives from the Montgomery County Department of Police – Financial Crimes Section are investigating an identification fraud and attempted theft that occurred on Friday, November 24, 2023, at…