Over 25 firefighters responded to House of Printing Inc (15401 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville) after a cell phone was dropped into a printing press wand started a fire, according to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer.
The incident occurred around 2pm on Friday afternoon. There were no injuries reported.
Piringer reports that the cell phone was accidentally dropped into an ‘operating’ printing press and the battery was damaged which then ignited combustibles (paper).
Howard County and Prince George’s County firefighters assisted at the scene.
Damage is estimated to be around $50,000.
Update – House of Printing, Burtonsville, Cause, cell phone (accidentally) dropped into ‘operating’ printing press, battery damaged & ignited combustibles (paper); Damage ~$50K (press machinery valued at $2.8M); no injuiries https://t.co/UsvCSdgeng pic.twitter.com/q2mDycraxM
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) April 8, 2022
Calling all coaches, students and parents/caregivers of student athletes: MCPS Athletics and the NCAA Eligibility Center are hosting a virtual information night from 6:30-8 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 4.
Per Montgomery Parks: “Celebrate the holidays with Montgomery Parks! We have birdwatching, winter solstice, New Year’s festivities, and many more activities for the whole family.
St. George Greek Orthodox Church, located at 7701 Bradley Blvd in Bethesda, is hosting its 4th Annual Saint George Christmas Experience and Holiday Bazaar on Saturday, December 2nd.
According to Montgomery County Police, “A 20-year-old Capitol Heights man died Tuesday, November 28, 2023, after crashing his car into a parked vehicle on Spruell Drive.