The Montgomery County Planning Board and the Montgomery County Planning Department, both part of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), have announced their January 2023 calendar of events and meetings. Residents can participate in Planning Board meetings by testifying in-person, testifying virtually, and watching the meetings on the Planning Board’s live stream. Community members may sign up to testify and provide comments in person, through Microsoft Teams, or over the phone to the Planning Board during the meeting on specific agenda items. Written testimony must be submitted in advance of the meeting. Contact us for accessibility accommodations.
These events are subject to change. To sign up to testify for Planning Board meetings, please go to the sign up to testify page and view individual agendas. Agendas are usually made public 10 days prior to the start of a meeting. Consult the Development Review Committee (DRC) and Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) websites for their agenda information.
January 3 – The Development Review Committee (DRC) will meet in person and virtually. The community is invited to attend the meeting online by watching the DRC live video stream or viewing on-demand.
January 5 – The Planning Board will hold its meeting in person and online.
January 11 – The Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) will hold its meeting in person at M-NCPPC’s Wheaton Headquarters with a virtual option available upon request. To testify on an agenda item, sign up no later than 9 a.m. the day before the hearing.
January 12 – The Planning Board will hold its meeting in person and online.
January 16 – Attend an in-person meeting for the Fairland and Briggs Chaney Master Plan. Planners will brief attendees on the preliminary recommendations for the plan. The meeting will be held at the Paint Branch High School (14121 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, MD 20866) in the cafeteria from 7 to 9 p.m. RSVP.
January 17 – The Development Review Committee (DRC) will meet in person and virtually. The community is invited to attend the meeting online by watching the DRC live video stream or viewing on-demand.
January 18 – The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission will hold its monthly Full Commission meeting.
January 19 – The Planning Board will hold its meeting in person and online.
January 25 – The Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) will hold its meeting in person at M-NCPPC’s Wheaton Headquarters with a virtual option available upon request. To testify on an agenda item, sign up no later than 9 a.m. the day before the hearing.
January 26 – The Planning Board will hold its meeting in person and online.
How to participate in Planning Board meetings
There are many ways to participate in Planning Board meetings:
- Watch the Planning Board meeting live online and on demand.
- Listen live over the phone to the Planning Board meeting by calling: 866-774-0898Password: 24252020
- Sign up to testify via Microsoft Teams, over the phone, or in person during the Planning Board meeting. To testify, fill out the Sign Up to Testify form by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting.
- On the afternoon before the meeting, you will receive an email with a phone number to call during a designated time to provide your testimony for a specific agenda item. Submitting this form online by the deadline is the only way to testify on meeting items.
- If you have questions, send an email to [email protected] or leave a message at 301-495-4605, and a staff member in the Planning Board Chair’s office will contact you.
- Email your written testimony with comments on specific Planning Board agenda items to [email protected] by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting. Items received after this date and time will not be included in the record.
- For ADA accommodations or to request materials in alternate formats, consult the Montgomery Planning Accessibility webpage or contact the Montgomery Planning ADA Coordinator at 301-495-1324.
The Wheaton Arts Parade is accepting submissions for this year’s poster contest. The 8th Annual Wheaton Arts Parade & Festival takes place on Sunday, September 29, 2024.
The Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) MoComCon, which was originally scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 20, will take place on Saturday, March 2 in Germantown.
On Wednesday, Governor Wes Moore announced $10 million for small business and community development grants through the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development’s Project Restore 2.0 and Business Boost…
On Wednesday, the City of Baltimore announced it had reached a settlement with “ghost gun” manufacturer Polymer80. The City of Baltimore will receive $1.2 million in damages and Polymer80 will…
AC Milan Academy is hosting a soccer camp at Maryland Soccerplex from March 1st through March 3rd for girls and boys aged 5 to 16 from any club who want to develop their soccer skills and learn the unique methodology of AC Milan directly from AC Milan coaches.
March 1st (Friday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 2nd (Saturday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 3rd (Sunday) 10:30am -12pm and 3:30pm-5pm
Location:18031 Central Park Cir, Boyds, MD 20841
Price: $349 + AC Milan Junior Camp Kit