Six decades of delivering joy. Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring is one of the largest hospitals in Maryland. It was founded in 1963 by the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Cross and has led all Maryland facilities in new births since its inception. On January 10th, the hospital celebrates its 60th anniversary.
Today, Holy Cross Hospital is a 449-bed, not-for-profit teaching hospital caring for more than 36,000 inpatients each year. Holy Cross Hospital is located on the Kevin J. Sexton campus of Holy Cross Health in Silver Spring, MD. The hospital recently announced it will receive $2.5 million from the Nora Roberts Foundation for extensive renovations to its emergency departments. Additional facts about the hospital:
- Holy Cross Hospital delivers more babies and cares for more newborns with complex medical issues than any other hospital in Maryland or the District of Columbia, and is among the largest single-site hospital providers of obstetric services in the United States.
- Holy Cross Hospital addresses the unique needs of seniors through the nation’s first and region’s only Seniors Emergency Center, which has become a national model, as well as a full range of specialized surgical and inpatient services, healthy-aging programs and support services for caregivers.
- The Neuroscience Program brings to the community expertise in the screening, diagnosis and treatment of complex brain and spine disorders, including specialized neurosurgery services, advanced Primary Stroke Centers, and a Level III Epilepsy Center accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
- The Holy Cross Health Cancer Institute, located at Holy Cross Hospital, cares for more cancer inpatients annually than any other hospital or health system in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties.
- Holy Cross Hospital is at the forefront of progress in minimally invasive surgery. As a regional leader in women’s surgery, specialists at the hospital perform more inpatient gynecologic and gynecologic oncology surgeries than any other hospital in Maryland. Each year, the hospital’s orthopedic and neurosurgical specialists perform more than a thousand procedures, including joint replacement surgeries and complex procedures for the spine.
- The Emergency Center treats more than 79,000 patients each year, making it the largest hospital emergency care provider in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties and one of the top 10 largest emergency care providers in Maryland.
A Teaching Hospital
Firehouse Subs is now open in the Wheaton Mall food court at 11160 Veirs Mill Rd.
Montgomery County Public Schools is looking businesses/individuals to participate in its annual Summer Rise program.
Below is a list of businesses that are coming soon to Gaithersburg’s Rio.
Montgomery Parks has announced a public scoping meeting hosted by The National Capital Planning Commission (NCPC) about the Little Falls Parkway Improvements project. The meeting will take place online from…
AC Milan Academy is hosting a soccer camp at Maryland Soccerplex from March 1st through March 3rd for girls and boys aged 5 to 16 from any club who want to develop their soccer skills and learn the unique methodology of AC Milan directly from AC Milan coaches.
March 1st (Friday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 2nd (Saturday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 3rd (Sunday) 10:30am -12pm and 3:30pm-5pm
Location:18031 Central Park Cir, Boyds, MD 20841
Price: $349 + AC Milan Junior Camp Kit