The Montgomery County Planning Board and the Montgomery County Planning Department have announced their February 2023 calendar of events and meetings. Residents can participate in Planning Board meetings by testifying in-person, testifying virtually, over the phone, and by watching the meetings on the Planning Board’s live stream. Community members may also testify by sending in written comments to the Planning Board. Information about submitting written testimony and testifying in front of the Planning Board can be found below. Contact us for accessibility accommodations.
For more details, review the list of events below and visit www.montgomeryplanning.org. These events are subject to change. To sign up to testify for Planning Board meetings, please go to the sign up to testify page and view individual agendas. Agendas are usually made public 10 days prior to the start of a meeting. Consult the Development Review Committee (DRC) and Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) websites for their agenda information.
February 2 – The Planning Board will hold its meeting in-person and online.
February 8 – Montgomery Planning is hosting the Urban Land Institute (ULI) who will make a presentation about the University Boulevard Corridor (UBC) Plan. The event starts at 11:30 a.m. at the M-NCPPC Wheaton Headquarters (2425 Reedie Drive, Wheaton, MD). The public is invited to attend but must register.
February 8 – The Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) will hold its meeting in-person at M-NCPPC’s Wheaton Headquarters with a virtual option available upon request. To testify on an agenda item, sign up no later than 9 a.m. the day before the hearing.
February 9 – The Planning Board will hold its meeting in-person and online.
February 14 – The Development Review Committee (DRC) will meet in-person and virtually. The community is invited to attend the meeting in-person or online by watching the DRC live video stream or viewing on-demand.
February 15 – The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission will hold its monthly Full Commission meeting.
February 16 – The Planning Board will hold its meeting in-person and online.
February 22 – The Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) will hold its meeting in-person at M-NCPPC’s Wheaton Headquarters with a virtual option available upon request. To testify on an agenda item, sign up no later than 9 a.m. the day before the hearing.
February 23 – The Planning Board will hold its meeting in-person and online.
February 24 – Planners for the Great Seneca Plan: Connecting Life and Science are hosting a virtual community meeting (7-9 p.m.) to discuss how to improve the plan area through things like parks, transportation, housing. RSVPs are required to attend.
February 28 – The Development Review Committee (DRC) will meet in-person and virtually. The community is invited to attend the meeting in-person or online by watching the DRC live video stream or viewing on-demand.
How to participate in Planning Board meetings
There are many ways to participate in Planning Board meetings:
- Watch the Planning Board meeting live online and on demand.
- Listen live over the phone to the Planning Board meeting by calling: 866-774-0898Password: 24252020
- Sign up to testify via Microsoft Teams, over the phone, or in person during the Planning Board meeting. To testify, fill out the Sign Up to Testify form by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting.
- On the afternoon before the meeting, you will receive an email with a phone number to call during a designated time to provide your testimony for a specific agenda item. Submitting this form online by the deadline is the only way to testify on meeting items.
- If you have questions, send an email to [email protected] or leave a message at 301-495-4605, and a staff member in the Planning Board Chair’s office will contact you.
- Email your written testimony with comments on specific Planning Board agenda items to [email protected] by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting. Items received after this date and time will not be included in the record.
- For ADA accommodations or to request materials in alternate formats, consult the Montgomery Planning Accessibility webpage or contact the Montgomery Planning ADA Coordinator at 301-495-1324.
- To attend meetings in-person, proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required.
Detectives from the Gaithersburg Police Department – Investigative Section are investigating a stabbing that occurred in the 500 block of Girard Street in Gaithersburg around 9pm. According to police, the…
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a call for a house struck by lightning on Gentry Ln, near Crossmeadow Ln, in Brookeville on Thursday evening.
Updated at 11:57pm with additional information Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a call in the area of E. Diamond Ave and Railroad St. in Gaithersburg where…
The Montgomery County Board of Education has tentatively adopted an Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2025 that “maintains teaching and learning supports and strengthens accountability, while also being sensitive to…
AC Milan Academy is hosting a soccer camp at Maryland Soccerplex from March 1st through March 3rd for girls and boys aged 5 to 16 from any club who want to develop their soccer skills and learn the unique methodology of AC Milan directly from AC Milan coaches.
March 1st (Friday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 2nd (Saturday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 3rd (Sunday) 10:30am -12pm and 3:30pm-5pm
Location:18031 Central Park Cir, Boyds, MD 20841
Price: $349 + AC Milan Junior Camp Kit