Per MCDOT: Below are the transportation-related holiday schedules for Presidents Day on Monday, Feb. 20.
- County offices – Will be closed.
- Ride On, extRa and Flex bus services – Will operate on a Holiday schedule.
- Us 29 Flash bus service – Orange line will operate on a Holiday schedule. The Blue line (typically, weekday only) will not be in service.
- TRiPS Commuter Store at Silver Spring Transit Center – Will be open 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store – Will be closed.
- Parking at Bethesda, Silver Spring and Wheaton public garages, lots and curbside meters – Will be free.
- Metrorail service – Will operate on a Saturday schedule from 5 a.m. to midnight. View timetables at wmata.com/schedules/timetables.
- Metrobus service – Will operate on a Saturday Supplemental schedule. View timetables at wmata.com/schedules/timetables.
- MARC Train service – Will operate on an R schedule on all three lines. This is a reduced level of service. Only trains with an “R” under the train number in the Camden and Penn Line timetables and Brunswick Line trains will operate. In addition, some trains will make additional stops when operating on the “R” schedule. View service alerts at mta.maryland.gov/service-alerts.
- MTA Commuter bus service – Will not operate, except Route 201 which will operate on a Weekend/Holiday schedule. View service alerts at mta.maryland.gov/service-alerts.
View more schedule changes here.
# # #
The Anchor Inn was one of the most popular restaurants in MoCo for 50 years. Established in 1954 in the heart of Wheaton, The Anchor Inn was one of the…
Thomas Edison High School of Technology is unique among Montgomery County public high schools. Students enrolled in all MCPS comprehensive high schools may apply for enrollment in one of Edison’s…
The Montgomery County Police Department recently launched its Drone as First Responder (DFR) Pilot Program to provide air support to 911 or police generated calls for service in a safe,…
On December 2, at approximately 12:32 am, Takoma Park Police responded to the area of Eastern Avenue and Piney Branch Road for an armed robbery that had just occurred.