MCFRS Respond to House Fire in Germantown

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a house fire on Drumcastle Ct, near Frederick Rd and Germantown Rd, on Friday, April 7 around 11am. According to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer, the occupants of the home smelled smoke and discovered that the roof of the townhouse was on fire. The cause of the fire is believed to be “resistive heating of electrical wire which ignited wood framing.” One family (two adults, two kids) has been displaced and damage is estimated to be ~$80-100K.

Per @mcfrsPIO on Twitter: “Update – Drumcastle Ct; TH, Origin/Cause, 2nd floor wall (damaged sheathing of 2 cables caused by over-driven cable staple) fire cause, resistive heating of electrical wire which ignited wood framing; Damage >$80K; Occupants smelled smoke, discovered roof on fire, called 911”


Recent Stories

The DMV has been buzzing since Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce visited The Hall CP in College Park, MD, and ordered a “Triple Pep Pizza” according to a…

More MCPS students in kindergarten through second grade are meeting or exceeding reading benchmarks this fall, according to the latest state assessments.

The Montgomery County Police Department recently launched its Drone as First Responder (DFR) Pilot Program to provide air support to 911 or police generated calls for service in a safe,…

Ms. Anita O’Neill has been named acting principal at Clarksburg High School, effective January 1st. She will be taking over for Mr. Edward Owusu, who announced his upcoming retirement last…


Subscribe to our mailing list