Per Montgomery County: The County Council will hold public hearings to receive testimony on new items introduced to the Council as follows:
April 25, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.
Deadline to sign up to speak is April 24 at 2 p.m.
- Expedited Bill 19-23, Department of Police – Pension and DSRP Adjustments, would amend eligibility requirements with eligibility based upon the employee’s normal retirement date, amend Group F pension multipliers for the Integrated Retirement Plan, and generally amend the law regarding retirement plans for Group F members.
- Expedited Bill 20-23, OPT/SLT Bargaining Units – Pension and Retirement Adjustments, would amend Group E eligibility to add eligibility for certain ECC positions to the Group E Optional Retirement Plan and the Integrated Retirement Plan, amend Group J eligibility to add eligibility for certain ECC positions to be designated by the Chief Administrative Officer, amend credited service to provide credited service adjustments for military service, separate Group E and Group J regarding pension multipliers, adjust pension multipliers for Group E and Group J, amend the guaranteed retirement savings plan to default into the guaranteed retirement savings plan certain part-time employees in the OPT/SLT bargaining unit, amend the disability benefits plan, and generally amend pension and retirement benefits.
- Expedited Bill 21-23, Fire and Rescue Services – Credited Service for Group G Members, would amend the Optional Retirement Plan and Integrated Retirement Plan pension multipliers in Group G of the Employees’ Retirement System, amend the Group G Optional Retirement Plan to provide the same level of sick leave credit benefits provided for County employees in the Group G Integrated Retirement Plan, amend the Group G pension Cost of Living Adjustment, and generally amend the law regarding retirement plans for Group G members.
- Supplemental Appropriation to the County Government’s FY23 Operating Budget, Montgomery County Public Schools, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Part B Grant, $1,629,727 (Source of Funds: Federal Grant).
- Supplemental Appropriation to the County Government’s FY23 Operating Budget, Montgomery County Public Schools, American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary Schools Emergency Relief Fund – Homeless Children and Youth Grant, $1,065,736 (Source of Funds: Federal Grant).
- Supplemental Appropriation to the County Government’s FY23 Operating Budget Montgomery County Public Schools, Maryland Department of the Environment Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust Grant, $349,393 (Source of Funds: State Grant).
April 25, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
Deadline to sign up to speak is April 24 at 5 p.m.
- New Registration Deadline: Bill 12-23, Police – Traffic Stops – Limitations (The Safety and Traffic Equity in Policing (STEP) Act), would prohibit a stop for certain traffic offenses by a police officer, prohibit consent searches of a vehicle by a police officer, require the collection of data and information related to traffic stops, exclude the limitations on traffic stops from collective bargaining and generally amend the County law regarding motor vehicle traffic policing. Correction: The deadline to register to speak at the hearing is Monday, April 24 at 5 p.m.
More MCPS students in kindergarten through second grade are meeting or exceeding reading benchmarks this fall, according to the latest state assessments.
The Montgomery County Police Department recently launched its Drone as First Responder (DFR) Pilot Program to provide air support to 911 or police generated calls for service in a safe,…
Ms. Anita O’Neill has been named acting principal at Clarksburg High School, effective January 1st. She will be taking over for Mr. Edward Owusu, who announced his upcoming retirement last…
Dr. Monifa McKnight, superintendent of MCPS, has released a statement on the investigation of Dr. Joel Beidleman by the Montgomery County Inspector General. The full statement can be seen below: