A briefing on the MD 355 BRT was provided to the Gaithersburg Mayor and City Council on Tuesday night. Per the presentation, available below, the MD 355 BRT will provide a new transit service with greater travel speed and frequency along the MD 355 corridor that will help:
- Enhance transit connectivity and integration with other travel modes and transit options.
- Improve bus speed and reliability.
- Address current and future bus ridership demands.
- Attract new riders and provide improved service for existing bus and transit riders.
- Support Master Planned growth and improve transit access to major employment and activity centers.
- Achieve Master Planned non-auto driver modal share.
- Provide a sustainable and cost-effective transit service.
- Improve safety.
The MD 355 BRT has completed the Preliminary Engineering phase between Grosvenor and Montgomery College – Germantown. Preliminary Engineering is continuing for the Bethesda and Clarksburg segments (Fall 2023 completion), NEPA documentation is underway, there is ongoing coordination with FTA, and they are currently preparing procurement for Progressive Design-Build. Full presentation below:
Also available here.
Calling all coaches, students and parents/caregivers of student athletes: MCPS Athletics and the NCAA Eligibility Center are hosting a virtual information night from 6:30-8 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 4.
Per Montgomery Parks: “Celebrate the holidays with Montgomery Parks! We have birdwatching, winter solstice, New Year’s festivities, and many more activities for the whole family.
St. George Greek Orthodox Church, located at 7701 Bradley Blvd in Bethesda, is hosting its 4th Annual Saint George Christmas Experience and Holiday Bazaar on Saturday, December 2nd.
According to Montgomery County Police, “A 20-year-old Capitol Heights man died Tuesday, November 28, 2023, after crashing his car into a parked vehicle on Spruell Drive.