Metro is inviting fans from around the world to ride Metro to see the Major League Soccer All-Star Game. To commemorate the occasion, Metro is releasing a limited-edition MLS All-Star SmarTrip® card, ahead of the big game.
Metro General Manager Randy Clarke unveiled the commemorative All-Star cards at an event today with MLS, DC United, Mayor Muriel Bowser and other local officials. The cards feature an image of Audi Field, the MLS logo with All-Star, the location, and year printed over a red background. The cards are available while supplies last. Get one now at Navy Yard, Waterfront, and L’Enfant Plaza stations. Look for the sign at specially marked fare vending machines.
Per Metro: “We’re really excited to welcome MLS Soccer, its players, and fans for the All-Star Game,” said Clarke. “Come on out to root for the All-Star festivities and cheer on the best of MLS against as they take on the Premier League’s Arsenal FC and take in the All-Star festivities. It’s a quick and easy ride away on Metro without all the hassle of traffic and parking.”
Metro’s Green Line is the best way to get to the game at Audi Field using the Waterfront or Navy Yard stations, just a short 10 or 15-minute walk to the field. Fans headed to All-Star activities at The Wharf can also take the Green Line to Waterfront or use the 74 Metrobus to get there. You can pick up Metro’s 74 bus route from L’Enfant Plaza or Navy Yard which will drop you off two blocks from the field or use the 74 Special bus, running July 18-19, for direct service to/from the Waterfront Station and events around Audi Field. Use Metro’s Trip Planner to plan your trip.
Parking is also available at 48 Metrorail stations for about $5, less than you’d pay anywhere else. It’s easy to pay with your SmarTrip card or debit and credit cards. Go to wmata.com/parking to find a station near you and then hop on the train to the All-Star game and events.
Metro’s Green Line will take you to the All-Star events and activities. Audi Field is accessible via the Navy Yard and Waterfront stations. The Wharf is accessible from Waterfront or L’Enfant Plaza. Transfers to the Green Line are available at Gallery Place, Fort Totten, Mt Vernon Sq, Archives and L’Enfant Plaza.
Trains every 8 minutes.
Trains every 12 minutes until 9:30 p.m.; then every 15 minutes until closing.
Trains every 10 minutes until 9:30 p.m.; then every 12 minutes until closing.
Trains every 6-8 minutes until 9:30 p.m.; then every 10 minutes until closing.
Trains every 8 minutes.
74 Metrobus Convention Center – Southwest Waterfront (connect via rail at L’Enfant Plaza, Waterfront, or Navy Yard).
74 Special Metrobus Waterfront Station – Audi Field. Direct non-stop service from Waterfront Station to areas near Audi Field for customers attending events on the Southwest Waterfront.
- Dates: Tuesday, July 18 and Wednesday, July 19
- Hours: 5 p.m. – midnight
- Stops: Waterfront Station (south side of M & 4th streets SW) and Audi Field (north side of P and 3rd streets SW)
- Buses will operate on a loop about every 10 minutes
- Look for signage at Waterfront Station and near Audi Field for directions to 74 Special Metrobus service
- Regular route Metrobus fares apply
- Metrorail fares vary from $2 – $6 one-way based on distance traveled. After 9:30 p.m. and on weekends all fares are $2 for any one-way trip.
- Metrobus fares are $2 for all regular route service, and free when transferring to/from Metrorail with a $2 transfer discount.
- To determine your fare, use Metro’s trip planner and enter your date and time you plan to travel. Each passenger 5 years of age and older must have his or her own SmarTrip card or One-Day Pass.
- SmarTrip mobile pay is your best option to avoid long lines at fare vending machines. Download the SmarTrip app for iOS or Android to purchase a mobile SmarTrip card or passes.
- One-Day Passes are available for $13; or purchase a mobile SmarTrip card with enough round-trip value for you and all your travelers. (SmarTrip cards and a One-Day Pass may also be purchased at station fare vending machines.)
- A One-Day Pass allows unlimited trips on Metrorail and Metrobus throughout the day.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited.
- Traveling with a stroller? Use elevators, not escalators.
- Always stand back from the platform edge for your safety.
- When boarding the train, step all the way into the car and move to the center to make room for passengers boarding behind you.
We have a Flood Watch in effect from Sunday afternoon through late Sunday night for SE Montgomery County, DC, SE Howard County, Prince George’s County and most of Northern Va….
Thai Cottage Bistro is now open at 9613-G Medical Center Dr in Rockville, taking over the space that was previously home to Oishii Bluefin.
Sydney Montgomery, a graduate of Clarksburg High School who has helped over 7,ooo students with the college and law school admissions process, has been listed in this year’s 30 Under…
Below you’ll see the weekly message from County Executive Marc Elrich, titled “Montgomery Update: Anti-Hate Task Force Concludes Its Work:
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!