Per Montgomery Planning: Green Montgomery County by planting native trees on your property. Download our Reforest Montgomery coupon to receive a $50 discount on any qualifying tree with a retail value of at least $75 from one of the participating nurseries or garden centers below. Adapted to the unique environmental conditions of Montgomery County, these native trees may need less maintenance and offer high quality habitat that supports pollinators and other local wildlife.
This $50 coupon can be combined with the State of Maryland’s $25 Marylanders Plant Trees coupon for $75 off the price of a tree that qualifies for both programs. View trees that qualify for the Marylanders Plant Trees program. Note: This program was formerly known as Leaves for Neighborhoods.
Participating Nurseries and Garden Centers:
3330 Spencerville Road
Burtonsville, MD 20866
|Potomac Garden Center*
12024 Darnestown Road
North Potomac, MD 20878
|Grey Goose Farm*
23000 Davis Mill Road
Germantown, MD 20876
8135 Snouffer School Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
|Johnson’s Florist and Garden Centers
5011 Olney-Laytonsville Road
Olney, MD 20830
6815 Route 108
Laytonsville, MD 20882
*Nursery participates in both Reforest Montgomery and State of Maryland programs.
Do you represent a nursery or garden center in Montgomery County? Email [email protected] to join the program.
Planting and Caring for Your New Trees
Follow the guidelines below to give your new trees the best chance of long-term survival:
- Dig a hole 3 times the diameter of the root ball and as deep as the root ball.
- Handling the tree only by the container or the root ball and lower stem, remove the container, then lower the tree into the hole. For balled and burlap trees, center the tree in the hole, then carefully cut away the burlap and wire basket.
- Cut all visible encircling roots.
- Ensure the central leader is straight and the trunk flare is above the soil surface. Add soil underneath the root ball as needed until positioned properly.
- Backfill soil until it is level with the surrounding soil surface. Tamp soil gently to avoid air pockets.
- Flood the hole with water to settle the soil around the roots.
- Add mulch 2-3 inches deep in a ring around the tree, ensuring that no mulch touches the trunk flare of the tree.
- Sign up for Reforest Montgomery Water Alerts and water the tree between March 1 and November 30 (or the first frost).
The flip from rain to snow started earlier than initially anticipated, allowing for heavier bursts of snow to accumulate even though ground temps were well above freezing. The precipitation also…
The winter weather has caused slush to accumulate with Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) warning of wet and slick spots on the road.
Two Hour Delay: 12/11/2023 at 5:30 AM Schools will open 2 hours later. Before and After school childcare programs and Community Use occur as scheduled
St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Deputies (SMCSO) responded to a motor vehicle collision involving a horse and buggy on Sunday, December 10, 2023, at 11:57 am.
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!