CAMP, known for its unique shop/play hybrid rotating themed experience in physical locations across the country, is coming to Tysons (1961 Chain Bridge Rd.) starting this December. The experience, which is inspired by the film Encanto and created in collaboration with Disney, will transport families into the beloved world of the movie. Behind CAMP’s signature Magic Door at its New York location families enjoyed:
- An enchanting and exciting hour-long visit to the Madrigals’ Casita, filled with candlelight, cumbia and magic
- Climbing up and around Antonio’s rainforest, spinning through Isabela’s flower-filled room, sliding down into the Courtyard and more. We aren’t going to talk about Bruno’s room, but guests surely will!
- Interactive scenes inspired by the film and uniquely created for this experience including: Luisa’s and Pepa’s never-before-seen rooms and cousin Dolores’ Soundscape Door
- The voices of Stephanie Beatriz (Mirabel), María Cecilia Botero (Abuela Alma) welcoming you to the Encanto x CAMP experience, joined by the voices John Leguizamo (Bruno) and Ravi Cabot-Conyers(Antonio) throughout the show, bringing the magic of the film to life.
- Shopping in the Encanto town square (La Placita) for exclusive, bespoke, and customizable character-based clothing, books and colorful felt jewelry all displayed in a series of beautiful merchant carts
- Live Counselor-led singalongs to the film’s favorite tunes like “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” and “Surface Pressure” throughout the show
- A family photo that captures their magical gifts as a keepsake of their visit to the Encanto
Inspired by the vibrancy of the film, the Disney Encanto x CAMP Exclusive Capsule Collection is also available for purchase today at camp.com/disney-encanto-shop nationwide. The must-have pieces include Isabela and Mirabel inspired Twirl Skirts and matching embellished sweatshirts, character-based tees, hats, and bags that can be customized with detailed chain stitching, colorful felt patches, whimsical rickrack trimmings and more. Make your very own here.
“Bringing together Disney’s extraordinary storytelling and immersive retail experiences allows us to dream bigger and create special offerings for families,” said Hubert Liu, SVP Business Planning and Franchise Development, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing. “Our continued collaboration with CAMP is an exciting example of our commitment to engaging with our fans in new ways. We’re thrilled to deliver this beautifully immersive experience that celebrates the award-winning magic of Disney’s Encanto.”
Overview: “For the first time ever, La Familia Madrigal are opening their doors and your family is invited! It’s the world’s first immersive Disney Encanto experience: a real-life Casita, complete with secret passages, interactive magic, live music, and surprises behind every magic door. From Antonio’s rainforest to Isabela’s floral wonderland and Luisa’s happy place, CAMP’s Disney Encanto experience is bursting with magical fun.
On top of all that, we brought the fun of the Disney Encanto town square to CAMP. Merchants have cooked up all kinds of custom-made, exclusive goods inspired by the world of Disney Encanto that are only available at CAMP.”
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a 2nd alarm fire in the 1700blk East West Highway in Silver Spring around 11:30am on Wednesday, December 6.
Montgomery County police responded to Westfield Wheaton Mall (11160 Veirs Mill Rd) for the report of a barricaded person inside of JC Penney on Wednesday, December 6.
Per the Maryland State’s Attorney’s Office: “The Office of the Attorney General announced today the end of the temporary suspension of Zainab Chaudry from her position on the Maryland Commission…
A $50,000 winning PICK 5 ticket sold last remains unclaimed as of December 6, according to the Maryland Lottery.
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!