As the fall nights grow longer and a cool crisp in the air blows with the breeze, the silence at Calleva Farm is broken by blood curling screams echoing through the woods.
In its 31st year, Maryland’s original and most terrifying haunted attraction, Markoff’s Haunted Forest, will open weekends in late September and October. The MHF experience has built a national reputation for its unique, multi-sensory haunt experience. Music, lighting effects, scents & creepy human interaction set the tone for a fully immersive experience in each of 3 attractions.
The haunt is a benefit performance for Calleva, a 501c3 organization dedicated to building young leaders through positive outdoor experiences. “We spend all year empowering people through outdoor experiences that foster teamwork & individual achievement,” says Nick Markoff, one of the three brothers who founded Calleva. “Then we bring them out to Markoff’s Haunted Forest to knock their confidence back a bit.”
The haunt began as a small scale event, but has grown into one of the nation’s top-ranked performances. Markoff’s Haunted Forest still helps fund Calleva’s summer camp scholarships, community partnerships, and outdoor education programming. It’s a partnership that delivers seasonal fun AND year-round benefits to our Montgomery County neighborhood.
The creative (and slightly twisted?) minds at MHF have updated its 3 main haunted attractions for 2023:
- The Trail; A mile-long hike sets the stage for a series of terrifying scenes, mysterious glades, and great hiding spots for our crazy ghouls.
- The Town; A bone-chilling visit to Onslaught Mills, a tormented, western style ghost town full of characters who’ve spiraled into madness.
- Markoff’s Midway; FREE TO ENTER! Massive bonfires, high risk activities & bumpin’ music along with Farm to Table burgers, pupusas, locally brewed beers, hot drinks, and — of course — Markoff’s gear for sale.
- NEW TO THE MIDWAY in 2023: See No Evil, a terrifying, blind-folded corn maze experience that taps into your deepest fears. (Tickets for See No Evil are limited capacity & on-site purchase only.)
Tickets are on sale now at www.markoffshauntedforest.com, get them before they sell out! Pricing is dynamic, and tickets get more expensive as Halloween approaches.
- Sept 29 & 30
- Oct 6, 7, 8 (Student Night — special deals at concessions w/your student ID!)
- Oct 13, 14 ,15
- Oct 20, 21, 22
- Oct 27, 28, 29 & 31st (MHF Halloween Party!!)
Known for their pizza, mojo potatoes, and game rooms, Shakey’s Pizza Parlor is fondly remembered by many MoCo residents over the age of 30.
Per Montgomery County: Also on Dec. 12: Update on the County’s Fiscal Plan and vote expected on a special appropriation to implement Bill 15-23 Landlord-Tenant Relations – Rent Stabilization
The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has begun “preseason” stocking with the first of about 290,000 trout in Maryland waters statewide.
Detectives from the Special Victims Investigations Division (SVID) is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Harmonee Sarah Sykes, a missing 16-year-old from Germantown.
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!