Per MCDOT: “Below are the Montgomery County Department of Transportation’s (MCDOT) and regional partners’ transportation-related schedule changes for Martin Luther King Jr.’s day on Monday, Jan. 15:
- County offices – Will be closed.
- Ride On, extRa and Flex bus services – Will operate on a Holiday schedule.
- Ride On Flash bus rapid transit service – The Orange line will operate on a Holiday schedule. The Blue line (typically, weekday only) will not be in service.
- TRiPS Commuter Store at Silver Spring Transit Center – Will be closed.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store – Will be closed.
- Parking at Bethesda, Silver Spring and Wheaton Public Garages, Lots and Curbside Meters – Will be free.
- Metrorail service – Will operate on a Saturday Holiday schedule from 5 a.m. to midnight. View timetables here.
- Metrobus service – Will operate on a Saturday Supplemental schedule. View timetables here.
- MARC Train service – Will operate on an R schedule on all three lines. Learn more at mta.maryland.gov/marc-holiday-service.
View more schedule changes here.
Potomac Local reports that mega gas station/convenience store Buc-ee’s is looking to open its first location in the Greater Washington area.
The Montgomery County Council will meet on Tuesday, March 5 at 9:45am. Full agenda below courtesy Montgomery County:
Veteran news anchors Shawn Yancy and Tony Perkins have anchored their first newscast together in six years. The pair will continue to do so all week on News4 at 5pm…
Signature Dish, a television program on WETA PBS that discovers and reveals the standout dishes at a wide array of the region’s best restaurants, will feature Rockville food truck Fire…