Per MCDOT: “Due to a temporary Metrorail shutdown, Glenmont, Wheaton, Forest Glen, and Silver Spring Metrorail stations will be closed Saturday, Jan. 27 through Sunday, Jan. 28.
WMATA will provide shuttle buses to replace Metro rail service. To accommodate the shuttle service, the following Ride On bus bays will be relocated:
- Ride On Route 10 to Hillandale: will temporarily relocate from bay E to bay D
- Ride On Route 10 to Twinbrook: will temporarily relocate from bay F to bay D
- Bus Bay E: Limited Shuttle with service to Wheaton and Fort Totten Metrorail Stations
- Bus Bay F: Local Shuttle with service to Wheaton, Forest Glen, Silver Spring and Takoma Metrorail Stations
- Bus Bay D: Limited & Local Shuttles with service to Glenmont Metrorail Stations
- Bus Bay E: Limited Shuttle with service to Fort Totten Metrorail Station & Local Shuttle with service to Forest Glen, Silver Spring and Takoma Metrorail Stations
Forest Glen Station
- Bus Bay D: Limited Shuttle with service to Silver Spring and Fort Totten Metrorail Stations
- Local shuttle buses between Glenmont and Takoma will utilize service stops on Georgia Avenue at Forest Glen Road.
Silver Spring Transit Center
- Bus Bay 116: Limited Shuttle with service to Forest Glen Metrorail Station & Local Shuttle with service to Forest Glen, Wheaton and Glenmont Metrorail Stations
- Bus Bay 117: Limited Shuttle with service to Fort Totten Metrorail Station & Local Shuttle with service to Takoma Metrorail Station
- Ride On Route 18 to Takoma Langley Crossroads Transit Center: will temporarily relocate from bay A to bay E
- Bus Bay B: Local Shuttle with service to Silver Spring, Forest Glen, Wheaton and Glenmont Metrorail Stations
Ride On bus fare is only $1 and monthly passes are $22.50 using SmarTrip, cash, or tokens. Seniors age 65 or older, persons with disabilities and youth ages 18 and under all ride free using specialized SmarTrip cards.
Riders can plan trips online using the free Ride On Trip Planner App.
For the most up-to-date service information, riders should follow @RideOnMCT on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. In addition, information is available at rideonbus.com, by subscribing to receive email alerts, or by texting MONTGOMERY RIDEON to 468311 to receive text alerts.
To ensure the safety and comfort of customers and employees, Metro is increasing the visibility of Metro Transit Police Department (MTPD) officers in stations and incorporating more frequent patrols throughout…
The Heights Food Hall at Wisconsin Place in Chevy Chase opened on Monday, December 11th, but recently held a grand opening celebration. Our very own Mr. MoCo stopped by to…
Chef Ngee Kitchen is coming to 18523 N. Frederick Ave. in the Gaithersburg S.C. shopping center.
Playa Bowls has opened its fifth Montgomery County location at 8525 Chevy Chase Lake Terrace in the Chevy Chase Lake development. Playa Bowls Chevy Chase is currently in its soft…
AC Milan Academy is hosting a soccer camp at Maryland Soccerplex from March 1st through March 3rd for girls and boys aged 5 to 16 from any club who want to develop their soccer skills and learn the unique methodology of AC Milan directly from AC Milan coaches.
March 1st (Friday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 2nd (Saturday) 6pm-7:30pm
March 3rd (Sunday) 10:30am -12pm and 3:30pm-5pm
Location:18031 Central Park Cir, Boyds, MD 20841
Price: $349 + AC Milan Junior Camp Kit