Information on MCPS Summer School Programs
For full details visit https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus/summer-programs.aspx
MCPS is planning a wide range of summer programs for elementary, middle and high school students. Programs will be focused on helping students engage in unfinished learning following this unprecedented school year, with a focus on mathematics, literacy, electives, and preparing for the next grade level. Elementary and middle schools will offer programs that include mathematics, literacy, and specials/electives. At the high school level, there will be a wide range of opportunities to earn high school credits in all subject areas required for graduation, for both repeat and original credit, as well as non-credit options in local schools. Traditional programs, including Extended School Year (ESY), Extended Learning Opportunities Summer Adventures in Learning (ELO SAIL SAIL), Summer RISE, Summer UP, and other enrichment opportunities and camps will also be offered. Programs will:
- Be offered at no cost to all students, with transportation available
- Be offered in all local schools/clusters
- Have all-virtual and in-person options*
*All-virtual will be offered centrally and have student enrollment across many schools. Local school programs will be designed around in-person instruction.
- For high school credit courses: Begins June 28, Two 3-week sessions
- Elementary and Middle School Programs: July 6 – 30 and Title I Schools: July 6 – August 6
- Run 5 days per week (except July 5), approximately 4.5 hours per day
- Registration will open May 3, 2021
. “Programs will be focused on helping students engage in unfinished learning following theis unprecedented school year” Mcps has failed us, defund MCPS!