MCFRS Respond to House Fire in Gaithersburg Friday Afternoon, One Family Displaced

by Patrick Herron

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services responded to a house fire Friday around 3pm on Woodland Rd in Gaithersburg. According to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer, the fire originated in a basement utility room and was caused by an electrical power strip. A refrigerator was plugged into the power strip which was plugged into an extension cord (extension cord ran thru hole in drywall) and plugged into wall outlet on other side of basement.

There were no injuries reported and one family has been displaced. Damages are estimated to be over $200,000.  We will post an update when more information becomes available.
Per @mcfrsPIO on Twitter: “Woodland Rd, two-story single-family house, fire and smoke showing upon arrival, @mcfrs T734, AT740, A708B, ALS708 assisting, all occupants are reported out”

'

You may also like

Leave a Comment

'

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy