Montgomery County is providing 40,000 Chromebook computers to residents who do not have a computer. Eventbrite is being used to create appointment tickets to manage computer pick-ups. Every person receiving a computer:
- Must have an individual appointment to pick-up a computer;
- MUST APPEAR IN PERSON and show photo ID to pick up the computer;
- Must have a have a County library card number to create an appointment.
- Must be a Montgomery County resident at least 7 years old.
- Must be able to honestly certify you would not have access to a computer if the County did not provide you one.
There is a limit of one computer per person. You do not need to be a U.S. Citizen to receive a computer but you must be a Montgomery County resident. EVERY PERSON, INCLUDING CHILDREN, MUST HAVE THEIR OWN APPOINTMENT AND APPEAR ON THEIR APPOINTMENT DAY IN PERSON WITH ID TO RECEIVE A COMPUTER (For Example: If a parent wants a computer for the parent and two computers for two children, the parent must make 3 appointments and bring the two children with ID to receive the computers. If you make an appointment for June 21, you cannot show up on a different day.)
If all appointments are taken, check back on the page in a few days for new events. 4 to 5 events will be hosted every week through October 2022. If you need additional information, please read below and then contact us at email@example.com if you still have questions. Do not use this email to request a computer – click on an available date under Make Appointment for Computer and complete the Eventbrite to book an appointment.