Montgomery Parks announces facility operating hours for the Thanksgiving holiday, including the extension of the Open Parkways initiative.
Open Parkways Schedule
Open to pedestrians and cyclists from Wednesday, November 24, 2021, at 9 a.m. through Sunday, November 28, 2021, at 4 p.m.
- Sligo Creek Parkway:
- Old Carroll Avenue to Piney Branch Road (1.1 miles)
- Forest Glen Road to University Boulevard West (1.5 miles)
- Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Knowles Avenue (2.7 miles)
Open to pedestrians and cyclists from Wednesday, November 24, 2021, at 7 a.m. through Sunday, November 28, 2021, at 4 p.m.
- Little Falls Parkway from River Road to Arlington Road (1 mile)
Thanksgiving Day Operating Hours
What’s OPEN on Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Parks, trails, gardens, playgrounds, dog parks, skate parks, outdoor exercise stations, tennis and pickleball courts
- Brookside Gardens – gardens open sunrise to sunset. (Visitor Center, Conservatory, Gardens of Lights closed)
What’s CLOSED on Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Montgomery Parks’ Headquarters, Customer Service, and Permit Offices (also closed Friday, November 26, 2021)
- Brookside Gardens’ Visitor Center, Conservatory, Gardens of Lights closed.
- Josiah Henson Museum (grounds open sunrise to sunset)
- Woodlawn Manor Visitor Center & Museum (grounds open sunrise to sunset)
- South Germantown Driving Range
- Cabin John Ice Rink
- Wheaton Ice Arena
- Pauline Bentz Addie Tennis Center
- Wheaton Indoor Tennis
- Wheaton Sports Pavilion
- Indoor Nature Facilities (grounds remain open sunrise to sunset)
- Black Hill Visitor Center (closed November 25 – 26, 2021)
- Brookside Nature Center (closed for renovations)
- Locust Grove Nature Center (closed November 24 – 26, 2021)
- Maydale Nature Classroom (open when programs and events are scheduled)
- Meadowside Nature Center (closed for renovations)
Visit MontgomeryParks.org for complete operating hours for all facilities.